Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Launch Ramp Etiquette

hboldno7
    TCHB:
    Last summer I was pulling my boat out of Windsor and a guy in jacked up Suburban stepped out of the car and the door shut with the car running and all doors locked. He threw a large rock through the rear window to open the door. He was one pissed of guy and his wife just sat back and watched like this has happended before. Thats Classic

Dr. Eagle
    dimarcobros:
    What pisses me off is those a**holes that sit on the side of the launch ramp in chairs with ice chest for the sole purpose to laugh at people. When someone is having trouble backing in the trailer or having trouble with anything else, they jsut sit there and smile. Get off your a** and help. That just annoyes me. burningm burningm
    You'll love this then. At the Orwood Resort in the Sacramento/San Joaquin Delta they have two ramps, each equipped with a set of bleachers for the peanut gallery. Lots of people sit there on a busy weekend and have a good laugh.
    DMB

OGShocker
    I spend a bit of time in Venice, Louisiana. My buddies and I go fishing once a year down there. The locals have installed full blown bleechers at the launch ramp just so the locals have something to do on a Saturday afternoon. Last time I was there they were holding up SCORECARDS!
    I have always felt you should help others in their time of need but, in Southern Lousiana you would get your a$$ kick just for asking to help some of those boys at the ramp. Hell, even their kids are MEAN!

Dr. Eagle:
    You'll love this then. At the Orwood Resort in the Sacramento/San Joaquin Delta they have two ramps, each equipped with a set of bleachers for the peanut gallery. Lots of people sit there on a busy weekend and have a good laugh.
    Not any more they don't. Place has been remodeled. Real nice launch ramp and docks on the coffee shop side of the resort. I have heard stories of the bleachers, though.

phebus
    hboldno7:
    TCHB:
    He threw a large rock through the rear window to open the door. Thats Classic Now there is a guy with good launch ramp etiquette. Get on and off the ramp quick no matter what the cost.

Infomaniac
    bump

My Man's Sportin' Wood
    I wonder what ever happened to Mirvin and Dr. Eagle. And Summerlove.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345