Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: NASCAR Rule Changes, Your Opinion:

Trailer Park Casanova
    First change is coming to scoreing.
    Old Man France, the guy who owns NASCAR says now a point leader can take it all without ever winning a race. He wants to give more advantage to 1st place race winners.
    Second, Toyota will be entering their Tundra trucks in the Crapsman series.
    First time for Rice burners.
    I'd hate to see it get like Formula where just a few dominate the circuit. I'd hate to see NASCAR have that happen. But maybe not.
    Just seems like the smaller NASCAR racers have a bit more of a chance with the current scoreing system.
    But then, the winner should get a big plus too (or a small one)
    This is what I've read in the Fishwraps. Hell, I dunno.
    Whaddya think about these changes?
    Whats going to happen??
    [ August 15, 2003, 10:59 AM: Message edited by: Trailer Park Casanova ]

HighRoller
    You want to see two guys go at it?Make the win worth twice as much.Actually,the current points system hurts the small teams because even if a small team wins,they get 5 points more than 2nd place.Meanwhile another team could lead the most laps and pick up 10 points,therefore scoring as many points or more than the winner.And we all know the guys who get the lap leading points are guys who run up front all the time.(not the little guys)The whole system is designed so that the popular drivers and big teams are protected.Currently,there is no way for a top team to miss a race.If they qualify bad they take a provisional.So they are guaranteed to make every race.Meanwhile a guy who outran them in qualifying goes home.As far as Toyota,they are just getting their feet wet on their way to the top level where they will outspend everyone,dominate the series and drive it into the crapper.Remember CART?It almost died because nobody could spend as much as Toyota in the engine game.I'm sure Toyota greased the rails with a big check made out to Bill France so they could compete.If anyone hasn't noticed,there is nothing you can't have,sponsor or display in NASCAR if you got the money to buy them off.Current teams spend 10-15 million a year on a Cup car and the rumors are that Toyota has budgeted 100 million to run 3 cars in 2005 or 2006.Better learn how to speak japanese if you wanna go to a race pretty soon.........

Fufu Queen
    You might be a red neck if you watch NASCAR. NHRA is the E-Ticket. Go forward fast.

Jordy
    As soon as they put a triple jump in the front straight away and a rhythm section in the back straight I might gain some interest. Way too flat and round for my tastes. I'd rather watch LPGA.

twistedpair
    Toyota in Nascar......Sheesh. They better get bullet proof haulers, can you imagine if their first win is somewhere like Martinsville or Talledega? Don't think them hardcore southern boys are gonna take too kindly to that!

burbanite
    Don't know if I should get too involved in this, but...
    Sure, give the winner a few more points, the reality is that most people watching a NASCAR race don't give two hoots as to whether it is a good race or not, (and they generally aren't).
    As far as Toyota is concerned, I'm pretty much out of that discussion except to say that $100,000,000, err...I don't think so...

WaterBox
    NASCAR's always screwing with something; I think they should leave it like it is.. NO wait. I think they should git rid of the restricter plate's. Send the japcrap back where it came from. [ On a clear night you can smell the rice burning for mile's..]

blownmoney
    Sure, give the winner a few more points, the reality is that most people watching a NASCAR race don't give two hoots as to whether it is a good race or not, (and they generally aren't).
    wow..what have you been watching?..as per your racing collection i can see your a cart,champ car, irl or what ever ya wanna call it this year, wanna talk about boring, paul tracy going to rcr hmmmmmm.... maybe he see's something or knows that cart, champ or irl won't be around long... why cause it has no appeal , no excitement, i can't believe that 43 cars side by side at 200 mph is boring , please see this in person!!... i've been to the race's at long beach many times and its pretty much,,, zoom, zoom, zoom, "okay, there they go"..as far as most fans not caring weather its a good race or not? why is it the "most " popular form of motorsports in the world right now?..some one must care?
    [ August 15, 2003, 11:03 AM: Message edited by: blownmoney ]

Trailer Park Casanova
    WaterBox:
    I think they should git rid of the restricter plate's. Yep,, thats a good thought too..

Jordy
    blownmoney:
    i can't believe the 43 cars side by side at 200 mph is boring , has no pulse!!! please see this in person!!... I saw it in person and it was cool for the first couple laps. By lap 34987 I was pretty much over it. Turn left here...

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast