Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ziemans boat trailers

ed bullock
    any one know about zieman boat trailers ? bought a crown line with a triple axle zieman trailer. beautiful trailer to look at but is it a quality trailer ? thanks ed

Back To Havasu
    Had a Zieman trailer under a Chapparell 21' boat for five years. I think they are a quality production trailer. They aren't a custom showpiece, like an Extreme, Competitive, R & S, etc., but they are a value-priced solid trailer. Just my $ .02.

ed bullock
    thanks for the reply. i never heard of them before so i didnt know if they were junk. feel alot better now that i have this info

mbrown2
    Buddy of mine has a Zieman under a new Crownline 20 LPX...I am not sure on how they are built, but it is a very good looking trailer...He has had no issues with it either.

roln 20s
    Our Malibu ski boat sits on a Zieman trailer. Ours is a 1995, and at that time they did not make a tubular trailer, which I think most of the new ones are. The only problem we have had with ours is the trailer brakes aren't the best: they require a lot brake fluid, they aren't disk! The V blocks on the front of the trailer are placed perfectly, so the bow eye would cut the wood blocks everytime no matter what depth we put the trailer in. But we made a fiberglass block and don't have those problems anymore. To summarize, our trailer isn't the best, but considering that it is 7 years old and the boat has about 600 hours, we really can't complain--IT STILL WORKS! I think the new ones are 100% better.
    ONE COMPLAINT: customer service at their phoenix factory (when we needed it a couple years into our boat) SUCKED. They are the slowest people, don't return call and just don't care.
    REMINDER: these are all based on our 1995 trailer, not the new ones.
    Good luck
    Roln 20s
    PS- Just a quick question: do you own Bullock Marine?

ed bullock
    thanks for the reply. this trailer has disc brakes so this may be a plus. it sounds like its not going to fall to pieces any time soon. no i do not own bullock marine. i have visited the web site and it looks like they have some choice boats.

24RODjr
    Following this line....our Cheetah sits on a Zieman. We've had 3 blowouts on the same tire on the tandem-trailer. Sound like an alignment issue?
    -Chris

ed bullock
    i will watch the wear on the tires thank for pointing this out.

DogHouse
    24RODjr:
    Following this line....our Cheetah sits on a Zieman. We've had 3 blowouts on the same tire on the tandem-trailer. Sound like an alignment issue?
    -Chris Nah, sounds like the driver keeps running the right side tires off the road!!!
    Just bustin' your chops there RodJr... The original bias ply tires on my Cheetah/Hoss/Zieman trailer wore out right away. Once I replaced them with radials all was good. The Magic rides on a Zieman, very nice piece except for the paint, which is dull and chips easily.
    -brian

NEW 2 RIVER
    Zieman is not a bad trailer for the money.I have one and have only had 1 problem (electrical issue)
    Im sure it will serve its purpose.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast