Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: In conversation, whose boat is it????

Wet Dream
    Just curious who gets claim on the boat during a conversation? What I mean is, when my wife talks about the boat, she usually says "his boat". I use "our" about 1/2 the time.

NorCal Gameshow
    that about how it is with us, it's funny though, when i'm full throttle on plane w/ the rooster up she's got a big smile...i think i'll keep her

Infomaniac
    No Confusion here. She has an Ultra and I have a Cougar. We even sometimes call them the boy's boat and Girl's boat. More often than that, they are called the blue boat and the red boat. wink

burbanite
    Mine, mine, mine, mine and mine.....
    But that's probably because there isn't "another" to stake a claim.

CrazyHippy
    To her it's ours, to me it's mine
    And she is really happy until about 60mph. As soon as the boat gets up on the pad she gets kinda worried.
    BJH

Tahiti Owner
    i have to agree with burbanite...MINE MINE MINE!
    she wanted it when she left...but that was NEVER gonna happen!

NEW 2 RIVER
    When the boat is in the garage the wife calls it mine.when its on the water she calls it hers.
    Go figure

johnnybgoodman
    We've gone from, "Get that piece of $h:t out of my driveway!", to, "How long till you have the engine in, and on the lake?". Now she wants to call it "Half Mine". I want to call it "MUSIC", (CSN&Y..."She's my ship, and all her flags are a flyin. She is all that I have left, and MUSIC is her name!"). ( I'm a musician, nuf said.) I'd settle for "Half Hers". Let me know what you think! In conversation I call it mine though. I've done all the work until today. She likes to turn the wrenches in. I think it's a chick thing.?.? wink
    Johnny

lakemeadbums
    I always refer to it as "ours" but he usually says "mine" when he's talking about it. It's well the "extra" money I make pays for the boat, I always say to him, no let's say the "extra" money pays for the Sub, the mortgage. etc. and "we" pay for the boat. I figure I'm the one who cleans, washes, waxes it 90% of the time so it's only fair!!! Plus I like to drive it, I know how to launch and load and usually can dock ok depending on the slip type. All I ask is that he drive it on the trips, cause it would take me wayyyy to long to drive on the freeway pulling the boat with truckers everywhere!!! That's my peace from a woman's standpoint.

wsuwrhr
    Im laughing about this, because I call it our or my boat. Im soon to be married and I told her if she ever thought she would get half the boat, the only question I would ask is "What half do you want, left, right, front, or rear." I suggested the front half would be better becuase she can drag it wherever she wanted.
    Brian
    [ August 04, 2002, 08:49 PM: Message edited by: wsuwrhr ]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast