Thread: Want Stop Telemarketers

BoatFloating
    Finally a way to stop those dam telemarketers.
    Stop Telemaketers
    This is a new law that will stop these guys from calling if you register your numbers at web site.

woodster
    dude just buy a telezapper.. IM not kidding it really works!I used to get 2-3 calls a night. My wife bought me one for X-mas as a gag gift and i hooked it up. I get maybe 1 call a week now.And sometimes they try and call and they hang up before i even get the phone.. Try it

BoatFloating
    woodster:
    dude just buy a telezapper.. IM not kidding it really works!I used to get 2-3 calls a night. My wife bought me one for X-mas as a gag gift and i hooked it up. I get maybe 1 call a week now.And sometimes they try and call and they hang up before i even get the phone.. Try it Yeah, but this is free and once you register and it takes effect in October those calls will stop completly, the fine to them is huge. This was a law passed by Federal Gov.

GlastronGuy
    Thanks, signed up.

burbanite
    I signed up last year on the same deal here in Indiana, result - NO more calls! To say that it was well worth it would be an understatement.

JetBoatRich
    I enjoy messing with the callers, sometimes they even get a laugh out of it. Cheap Humor.
    It helps to have caller ID and a cordless phone, so you can start right when you pick up the phone.

GlastronGuy
    JetBoatRich:
    I enjoy messing with the callers, sometimes they even get a laugh out of it. Cheap Humor.
    It helps to have caller ID and a cordless phone, so you can start right when you pick up the phone. I act like I am interested in what they have. I then ask them to hold for a minute and I put the phone down and go watch a movie.

JetBoatRich
    My wife like to do that: Tells them to hold on and sets the phone down.
    I had one guy hold for 15 minutes, I told him the person he was calling (me) was on the toilet. He said he would wait so I came back every minute or so and would update him on the progress he held longer than anybody
    The kids were busting up
    [ April 03, 2003, 07:19 AM: Message edited by: JetBoatRich ]

Froggystyle
    Sweet. I just registered. Thanks for the info.

Wet Dream
    Here in Pennsylvania, there was a law passed that prohibited telemarketers from calling if your name was on a list. A few companies are being sued by the state for their inability to follow the rules, but that list works. No more calls.