Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Outdoor Speakers

GlastronGuy
    Looking to get some outdoor speakers to put next to the spa. They need to be capable of pissing off the neighbors. Any recommendations other than Bose?

Mandelon
    What's up with the neighbors???

GlastronGuy
    I was mostly being a smart-ass but on occasion I need to drown out the kids behind me. There are about 6 of them. It's lots of fun when they jump on the trampoline and every time their head comes above the fence they say "hi!".

Mandelon
    I bought some box speakers from Costco....they are in plastic boxes with brackets. Small sized 6" x 10". I put them up under the eaves over the back deck...They are Advent Marbl.
    Price was like $65 a pair. I actually bought two pairs. I used one set on my last boat. I could set them up on the sun pad and get great sound from them.
    I have Bose for my inside rear channnels and these sound just as good....The weather will eat em up over time anyway.....

JetBoatRich
    Run down to Best Buy, they have about three different sets that are water proof. Crutchfield has a few on-line. Depends on what you want to spend. Get the set that looks like a rock

Mandelon
    Yeah, I heard they really rock.... Probably not. Can't imagine that's good for acoustics.

JetBoatRich
    Mandelon, the "ROCKS" I have seen sound good. The price starts around a $100 each and goes up from there wink it is all about the money

mike37
    A freind has rock and one you that looks like a clay pot and can plant flowers in it sound great

dcb carrera
    GlastronGuy, I order my outdoor speakers at www.outdooracoustics.com They sound great I can't remember what i paid for them, I think it was over 200.00 each

GlastronGuy
    Thanks for the input. The rock ones look cool but these speakers will be mounted on vertical posts, about ear level.
    I talked to ROZ and now need to look at what he has for an idea.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast