Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nevermind, it doesn't really matter where you buy your gas.

Jordy
    Stupid gas chain letter hoax... a little more research points out that it doesn't matter where you buy your gas, but it hacks me to see people protesting and boycotting US products while at the same time reveling in products bought and paid for by a government that has gotten rich selling us oil. burningm
    Here is some more info:
    Although, the writer is essentially correct (I'm not going to quibble about a few inaccuracies) that the largest oil companies in the world do buy large amounts of their crude from the Middle East. I might add, this should be no big surprise to anyone who has picked up a newspaper in the last thirty years. However, there is a reason for this phenomenon: According to the U.S. Department of Energy our country has steadily demanded more and more oil every year. In 2001, we demanded over 19 million barrels of oil a day and the U.S. produced only 5.6 million barrels a day, and that amount is expected to DECREASE over the next several years. If the writer wants to cut US reliance on imported oil, then he or she should buy an electric car and quit relying on gasoline. Buying from a different gas station is not going to change the vast difference between the supply and the demand.
    [ February 14, 2003, 10:49 AM: Message edited by: jordanpaulk ]

RPrincez
    So which gas station in so cal should I buy my gas from?

miller19j
    How old is this info Jordy? Amoco does not exist anymore it was bought by BP a few years ago and rolled into BP.(Amoco................. 62,231,000 barrels BP/Phillips.........0 barrels)
    [ February 14, 2003, 10:39 AM: Message edited by: miller19j ]

Blown 472
    We still have amaco's here.

miller19j
    Blown 472:
    We still have amaco's here. You still have the stations but the oil production is done by BP

Jordy
    Looks like the stats are up though 8/31/01 (so they're dated) but I doubt that the numbers have changed much as far as suppliers. I didn't make this all up, just passing it along. So stop being so critical CBM.

Blown 472
    ICBM= internet cock block masta

miller19j
    jordanpaulk:
    Looks like the stats are up though 8/31/01 (so they're dated) but I doubt that the numbers have changed much as far as suppliers. I didn't make this all up, just passing it along. So stop being so critical CBM. Wow we are a little touchy today.

Jordy
    If I was touchy, the statement would have been followed with something other than a . More along the lines of a burningm or or argue . Get your facts straight there ICBM. (Good one Blown).

miller19j
    jordanpaulk:
    If I was touchy, the statement would have been followed with something other than a . More along the lines of a burningm or or argue . Get your facts straight there ICBM. (Good one Blown). Don’t get your panties in a twist there KCB (King Cock Blocker)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast