Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Pics of the Southwind--Post OP :) Go to page 2 for pics

hd&boatrider
    [ May 12, 2003, 04:56 PM: Message edited by: hd&boatrider ]

mbrown2
    hd&boatrider
    [QB If this boat ends up with much more major service items do you guys think I should list all that has been done or is required to bring it up to a safe "turn key" working boat? [/QB]I say work it out in private...if unable to reach an amiable agreement; only then go public.

DickDanger
    I know who Eric455 is, but whos Eric454? I dont recall ever seeing that name on here. Where does he live? -DD Out

HBjet
    That's sucks big time! I would say figure everything out in private, but I'm sure you won't get any money from Eric455 since the problem is now "Your Problem" I'm not saying it's right, I'm just saying that's what a lot of people do when they sell there "Turn Key" boat.
    If I was you, I would have taken that boat to a Mech. (GS Marine or whoever) and had it looked at before purchase. Maybe someone will read this and do this before they lay down the cash so it doesn't happen to someone else.
    As for posting what was wrong, I would say that shouldn't be a problem. It's just like if you bought the boat from someone else (who doesn't post here) and wanted to let everyone else what needed to be fixed so you can have a little piece of mind if these are things that eventually break, and you just got the boat at a bad time, or if these are things what would clearly not make it turn key. Again, this information will help other people who are buying a new (to them) boat from a seller who claims "Turn Key"
    For one, I never want to be that seller. I sold my old motor with some other heads on it, and it's basically everything except intake, carb, and starter. I even had the motor inspected before selling it, and I'm having it assembled by my engine builder because I don't want the buyer comming back, or posting I sold them a motor that doesn't run right because I might have forgotton to do one little thing during assembly. Anyways, sorry this happed to you.
    HBjet
    [ May 11, 2003, 06:47 PM: Message edited by: HBjet ]

hd&boatrider
    [ May 12, 2003, 04:56 PM: Message edited by: hd&boatrider ]

JetBoatRich
    Eric is a good guy and I believe you should handle it privately. He would never do anybody wrong on purpose, not his style.
    Good luck to both of you, I know when I bought my boat from a friend he did not want to sell it to any friend afraid of the same thing. It has been over a year and no problems. You never know.

Infomaniac
    I agree it should be handled in private.
    I cannot help but be curious as to how much was paid for the turn key boat.

DickDanger
    Since I dont know the specifics here, I cant comment on the conversation between you and the seller. However, if Eric knew that the boat was not "turn key" at the time of sale, then there are many laws that cover false representation. It seems hard to believe that a boat would go from being tip-top, to needing 2k worth of work in the blink of an eye. Ask Greg if he is able to determine how long these problems have been occuring. I also have to believe that it is shitty that he wont return your e mails. Screwing someone over on here is an easy way to find your ass become a pariah on here though. I would say that you do need to try and work this out, and take a close look at your contract, IF there even is one. Good luck, and keep us posted. -DD Out
    [ May 11, 2003, 08:03 PM: Message edited by: DickDanger ]

HOSS
    Was that the yellow boat he was selling? Looked good in the pics. May have had water in the tanks. Thats normal for a boat, car or lawnmower that sat up. And 2k at GS doesn`t go far. Or any shop. I think you need to go through the fuel system TOTALLY. Again, this is normal after sitting up. I haven`t cranked mine since last year so I know the fuel in the tanks is trash.
    If this is the same boat I`m thinking of. I also want to say it needed a couple things. Minor things. But no big deal to me may be a big deal to you. At any rate ggod luck and I would try to fix the problems myself since they sound like maintenance. Buy a case of Bud Light and bait some friends over.
    [ May 11, 2003, 08:05 PM: Message edited by: HOSS ]

hd&boatrider
    [ May 12, 2003, 04:57 PM: Message edited by: hd&boatrider ]

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast