Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Pics of the Southwind--Post OP :) Go to page 2 for pics

DickDanger
    I keep hearing good things about Tom Papp, and MPD as well. Maybe give them a try??? I like Greg, but he is always way busy. Always insist on a contract when either purchasing or selling, that defines exactly what you are and are not responsible for. -DD Out

HBjet
    Eric455:
    I sure as hell know that boat didnt need 2500 worth of work.Not to start any shit, but seeing you say that boat didn't need 2500 bucks worth of work leads me to believe it could have needed work, just not that much.... Or do you mean that boat needed no work at all? I only ask because I would think if the boat needed no work at all, you would say something like "It didn't need any work at all" verses saying 2500 bucks worth implying that he is paying to much for something that should cost, say 500 bucks. If that's the case, the boat isn't considered "Turn Key" in my book!
    HBjet

Eric455
    the boat was sold AS-IS id he wanted to change headers, air scoop, shine the boat, change the rubber moldings, have it tuned for no reason... ect... was his CHOICE. i can buy a boat and say ohh i wan to put a 1500hp motor in this boat and turn to the owner and say it wasnt turnkey. i hope yall get my point. i understand if the starter kicked the shit. but as far as everything els... that was stricktly his choice. the boat ran fine when i sold it to him thats all i know. i say again i dont mean to be a dic but i'm not the one here thats ripping him off.
    eric

DickDanger
    Randys right. The definition of "turn key" is exactly what he stated earlier. And I conduct business the same way as well. I always point out even the smallest imperfections, as well as everything that I know or suspect to be wrong with something. This way, the buyer knows exactly what he/she is getting for their money. I also am a big contract guy. I insist on contracts in the event of something happening 6 months down the road that I didnt even know about, and now the buyer wants their money back. "Caveat Emptor", or, "Buyer Beware." -DD Out
    [ May 11, 2003, 09:40 PM: Message edited by: DickDanger ]

Eric455
    the boat didnt need 2500 bux of workl. like i said it needed a starter rebuilt and it was set to go. so Mr. HBJ no it didnt need 2500 of work all it needed was a 100 buk starter rebuilt. i dont even want to get into to details cuz everyone here is getting the impression that i ripped him off. hey all i can say is so be it. i'm out
    eric

HBjet
    Relax, I'm just trying to understand this better!
    So if the boat was running fine and you sold it, and then the next day the buyer does his own tune up and things start to get shitty, then I would say that is on the buyer, not the seller. I was under the impression that the buyer went to fire up the boat the next day without making any changes (because it was sold as turn key, so why would you need a tune up?) and then it didn't run right.
    If the boat needed a new starter, then I would say it's not turn key! Turn Key is Turn Key.... you turn the key and go, no questions. It's not do this and do that then you will have Turn Key.
    HBjet
    [ May 11, 2003, 09:47 PM: Message edited by: HBjet ]

spectratoad
    I think in one of Eric's posts he said he took it to the buyers house and they had it started and running and idling. If the buyer is present at that time and the boat is complete I would think it would be considered "turn Key". HD Boatrider has alot of toys and I am sure knows what a complete & intact machine looks like. If the boat is found with sawdust in the motor or takes on water likes it's a submarine then that is the sellers problem. But technically "turn key" means nothing needed. If I was a buyer I would make that point known during the negotiation. That is just me though. I think it sounds like the GS marine or whatever may be charging alot. But then again 2K doesn't go far on a boat.
    Don't want to start anything just my .02.
    [ May 11, 2003, 09:51 PM: Message edited by: spectratoad ]

Infomaniac
    I'm pretty sure you can take a brand new boat to most marinas and say there is something wrong with it. 2,500 later take it to the lake.
    I say he got off easy if he took a jet boat to them to get fixed.
    That is not the best type of boat to buy if you do not turn your own wrenches.

Eric455
    Infomaniac:
    I'm pretty sure you can take a brand new boat to most marinas and say there is something wrong with it. 2,500 later take it to the lake.
    I say he got off easy if he took a jet boat to them to get fixed.
    That is not the best type of boat to buy if you do not turn your own wrenches. exactly an dyes i did take the boat to him i fired it up ran, idled just fine. and he told me he was satisfied. i do appriciate what info had to say along with all the other postes i've heard.
    eric

JetBoatRich
    Always ran good when we went out, easy to drop money in a boat.Like to know the issues found.
    Eric talk to you during the week.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast