Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Pics of the Southwind--Post OP :) Go to page 2 for pics

Eric455
    JetBoatRich:
    Always ran good when we went out, easy to drop money in a boat.Like to know the issues found.
    Eric talk to you during the week. findout the issues. yea i just can't wait. till tomarrow.
    yes i will call you tomarrow rich. sunday still looks good. i think i will finish the elim by saturday. well see.
    eric

hd&boatrider
    [ May 12, 2003, 05:00 PM: Message edited by: hd&boatrider ]

Eric455
    10-4

hd&boatrider
    [ May 12, 2003, 05:01 PM: Message edited by: hd&boatrider ]

Brendella
    G.S. marine has a good rep. but to my understanding buying a used boat as is means as is. I don't believe there is a lemon law to apply, furthermore before you paid cash for the boat. you should have at least put it in the water. and for 5 to 6 $$ tells me a clean looking boat that needs some work some where.

hd&boatrider
    [ May 12, 2003, 05:01 PM: Message edited by: hd&boatrider ]

Infomaniac
    hd&boatrider:
    Infomaniac:
    I'm pretty sure you can take a brand new boat to most marinas and say there is something wrong with it. 2,500 later take it to the lake.
    I say he got off easy if he took a jet boat to them to get fixed.
    That is not the best type of boat to buy if you do not turn your own wrenches. Tell you what...Since you guys seem to want to insinuate GS Marine does work simply to gouge somebody I will ask Greg if he would like to come on here and read/respond to some of this crap. Don't slam someone just to slam him. By the way, I am not a friggin' idiot but am willing to pay to get it right. I think you guys need to be careful with throwing the terms around that you are using. What I told them and what they did was what I wanted done. No, I am not a mechanic. I don't remember saying anything specific about G&S Marine.
    My point being (and maybe not very well put) There are always issues on a boat that need addressed. If you take it to a marine place they are more than willing to point them out. And charge the marine rate.
    You would be money ahead taking a jet boat with engine issues to the local hot rod place rather than a marine place. If you are not a mechanic.

HOSS
    WO hd&boatrider, no one is accusing greg of shit. It seems to me that you are stirring up shit. As a newbie I highly advise you to tone it down. That just advise take it or leave it.
    I, me am saying that there are cheaper ways. Like you yourself. Its eems to me that you are lazy and are taking all you problems to one of the best in the business and expecting Eric455 to foot the bill. These boats are hotrods and will break. Either learn to wrench or pay someone to. But don`t ****in` complain and put words in other peoples mouths.
    Now that I stated GS is one of the best in the business, guess what someone on that level will charge. And rightfully so, but nonetheless higher than wrenching yourself. I think you took a cheap shot at everyone who responded to this thread. We only had intentions of helping you. YOU twisted this around. Good luck with your rig and good luck on this site.

Ian
    I have met Eric455 once before and he was a stand up guy, also his boat seemed pretty turn-key. But we all know that a boat can run perfect one day and ruin your next day. I can also understand Hd&boatrider I would be very pissed if I bought a boat from someone and had nothing but problems. As for Greg at GS Marine he is an outstanding person with great buisness ethics. A while back I was having nothing but problems getting some Copper head gaskets to seal, Greg heard about my problems from someone on the boards and contacted me. Keep in mind I had never done buisness with him before, yet he realized I was a young boater at my wits end and contacted me first thing on a monday morning and spent a long time on the phone giving me advice. At one point during our talks I told him I would rather just pay him to put it together and he told me that was unnecessary, and that I could do it myself. Now you tell me, does that sound like someone that's trying rip people off.

hd&boatrider
    [ May 12, 2003, 05:02 PM: Message edited by: hd&boatrider ]

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast