Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Long Shifts

LUVNLIFE
    Here's one. What's the longest shift you have worked without sleep. I just finished twenty-seven hours straight. My previous record was twenty-five. How about you? sleeping sleeping

little rowe boat
    As a firefighter we go out on mutual aid strike teams. When we first arrive at the fire, sometimes the resources needed to fight the fire are still enroute from all over the state,so we end up on the fire line up to 48 hrs straight.

Ziggy
    Guess that 27hr shift just got blown out of the water Thats rough for any person to handle, 12hrs is bad enough for the body let alone what you guys are doing. Thumbs up to ya both, but especially to the folks who risk their lives for us.

RiverToysJas
    I've done a 22 hour shift.
    RTJas

Jrocket
    Last month I did one 32 hour shift straight then the next week I did a 30 hour shift straight.All over time pay each time.Tired but so happy on pay day....

Stupid Fast
    With my old job I have pulled One 31 hour and 1 33 hour on a real tite shutdown job(Plant shuts down and we rebuild the plant in 7 days ). Many 20 to 25 hour jobs. Pays real good and almost garentees more work if the Lines are Up and running on time. It just about kills you though.
    My new job the longest I have pulled is 9 hours and seven min.

Boatcop
    Longest I had was working a car freighter fire in the North Pacific off Alaska in 1985.
    On duty on the burning ship for 42 hours straight. Had to stay in fire gear and Scott air pak the whole time, but was able to get a few cat naps of about 1/2 hour each.
    All we did was maintain the boundaries until Boots and Coots came up and handled the heavy work to get the fire out.
    Another was 36 hours on a leaking oil tanker in the Delaware Bay off Lewes in '82. Luckily it had an Italian Crew, and I got my first exposure to REAL Espresso. Kept us going the whole time.

mickeyfinn
    Used to do line clearing for Ga Power. Got called to storm duty on the coast after a hurricane. We pulled 48 straight trying to get trees off of lines so they could start restoring power.

JetBoatRich
    That is a lot of hours eek! most I ever did recently was 23 hours (salary sure sucks) pulled a split shift of two 14 hours shifts years ago, I had 4 hours off between. devil

sandblasted
    Longest shift..32 hours strait during the Northridge earthquake restoring power in Valencia...Per state law we have to have a break after 32 hours (utility industry)...went home and slept, came back to work and worked another 32...yeeha!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast