Thread: More ACLU Bulls%$t in Cali....

HighRoller
    The ACLU is in court today trying to get the recall election delayed,saying that voting machines used now are"faulty"and "inaccurate"and the election should wait until the computerized machines are ready.They say there might be a problem similar to the 2000 presidentail election.My question is,does that mean the results from the 2002 governers' race are not"accurate"?And why weren't thy filing suit during that election?I wish someone would use their own bullcrap against them sometime....

Moneypitt
    Doesn't anyone else realize there won't be an election. If Davis resigns the day before the election, the Lt Gov. is the automatic replacement, according to the Ca. State Constitution. Don't you think the "party" will make him quit to save the control factor?....Moneypitt

Havasu_Dreamin
    Very interesting MP.

HighRoller
    I don't think it's quite that easy.If he resigns I think all that happens is the first part of the ballot is void.The voters still have to chose a new guy.I think if they could keep power by getting rid of Gay Davis,he'd be gone.Don't worry,the Dems aren't done yet.(R)nold needs to get his ass out in front of the people and lay out his platform.

LaveyJet
    Moneypitt:
    Doesn't anyone else realize there won't be an election. If Davis resigns the day before the election, the Lt Gov. is the automatic replacement, according to the Ca. State Constitution. Don't you think the "party" will make him quit to save the control factor?....Moneypitt Not so, Once the recall is certified it will happen. If he resigns or is incapacitated or dies before the recall election, The Lt Gov will serve untill the recall election.
    [ August 18, 2003, 12:43 PM: Message edited by: secondchance ]

Moneypitt
    2nd chance, thanks for the info about the recall going on...I guess I heard that lt gov stuff before the recall was certified..Personally I feel they're all in the same catagory, useless! The problem with politics today is they still allow lawyers to hold office.....Moneypit

Catmando
    Arnold has too many skeletons in his closet, and they're being pulled out by the media. The Repugnicants are bailing out on him like rats off a sinking ship.
    No way he can win.

HighRoller
    Catmando,I know Arnold will never have the qualifications of Gay Davis.He has no experience in raiding the state coffers to buy votes,has no record of mismanagement of money,and has only succeeded monetarily.Typical liberal elitist drivel,saying Arnold isn't"qualified".It scares the libs when the common person gains too much control over the political process.We common citizens only understand how to live within the budget.I heard one douchebag say that by voting in prop 13 the citizens of California"tied the hands"of the politicians who were attempting to balnce the budget...so pay attention Cali!You are to contribute to the overspending of politicians by accepting higher taxes on everything.How DARE you ask for reasonable property taxes!Don't you know that people on welfare have to eat too?They work hard for that check!

When that ****in' limousine liberal pukes off about we don't pay enough property tax and it should be increased by 3X....AHHHHH-nold lost any thought of a vote from me. From what I've seen so far I think he is just a "ringer" for the Democrats. He is a "RINO" [Republican in name only] What Buffet failed to say is in Nebraska they don't pay income tax and their property tax makes up for the difference. What income tax do we pay here? 9-10 percent???? And they want to raise it some more? burningm burningm burningm

HighRoller
    I think it's a tragedy what has happened to California.I've traveled 45 of the 48 states in the continental US.California has better options for living than any state in the union.You can live on the coast.You can live on an inland farm.You can live in the desert.Yet,even with all these options 800,000 people left last year.Why? Because nobody can afford to run a business there. As one sticker said:"It's easy to own a small business in California.All you have to do is start with a large one and wait a few years."
    I say you Cali residents employ the tug-of-war strategy.Let the libs completely take over and drive the state into a state of complete ruin. 70% taxes,shytty schools,political correctness gone wild....Wait a sec.Nevermind,you're already there.