Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: back in the day @ copper canyon, flatbottoms, zodiacs and Budwiser!

superdave013
    Oh yes, I remember back when we would go to Lake Havasu with a bunch of small boats. Those sure were good times. (Not that the times now are not)
    I would take a few pairs of shorts and a few tee shirts, 10 cases of beer and a fist full of money. Food? why did we need that? Eat a good breakfast and be set for the entier day.
    Now people ask, "how do you keep your boat from getting all beat up in Copper??" Also they would ask "what happens when you run out of beer in the middle of the crowd because you can't put a big cooler in that flat!"
    Well you just needed to be a little crafty is all.
    I would tow a 10' Zodiac behind my flat. Yup, I had 2 reasons.
    #1. I could fill it with coolers. You see, I didn't run out of beer EVER!
    #2 I had a 10' rubber bumber on one side of my boat. Hey the boat was only 17' so that side was pretty well coverd. The back was all stainless steel turnbuckles so who every tied up back there would watch that side! That meas we didn't have that much to tend to.
    Here's how we would travel. Lil Ford 4X4 complete with lockers and 4:56 gears. I would run this at about 4K all the way from Manhatten Beach to Havasu Landing! Yes, under that zodiac was about 20 cases of beer for 2 people. Whoo hoo! no tent, just a few sleeping bags and a 2' Graphix.
    [img]http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/9river_trip-med.jpg[/img]
    Mullets and Budwiser! haha
    Excuse me Lord as I have sinned!
    Yes, I did drink and drive and yes, I did have unprotected sex at Lake Havasu. And no, I didn't remember her name.
    Here is a pic I took from standing on the cav plates. I was not totaly unsafe though as I did wear a life jacket even back then. That's my lifeline on top of the velocity stacks that Jordy must now own. (trust me, on the way back to camp you would want a life jacket too )
    I can tell it's early as at one point the entire deck was solid beer cans. I gotta find that pic.
    BTW, I had a better mullet then those chumps!
    [img]http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/9copper_canyon-med.jpg[/img]
    Not that I remember it but I was told that I towed that zodiac back to the Landing at about 60+ the entire way. (that's a long way too) My buddy stopped and picked up the coolers that flew out of it. lol
    If you ever are looking for a little boat like that I can say Zodiacs are tough mothers!
    [ September 30, 2003, 02:57 PM: Message edited by: superdave013 ]

Her454
    .......you'd be right at home on Mullet Mountain....

superdave013
    So I was cruising through Copper Canyon one day and I hear "Hey, you live in Manhattan Beach right?"
    I look to my right and see this long haired dude and a ****ing boat packed full of grade A pussy.
    I said "why yes I do and I'm tying my shit up to yours right now!" lol
    Ha yes, even back then there was some girl on girl action.
    [img]http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/9river_chicks-med.jpg[/img]
    [ September 30, 2003, 03:06 PM: Message edited by: superdave013 ]

dimarcobros
    That is great!!!! Is that Axel Rose in the back there?
    DMB

superdave013
    Her454:
    .......you'd be right at home on Mullet Mountain.... Uhhhhh, ok but if I spent the night I think Bad Meds would get mad! haha, j/k

Hotcrusader76
    Was that White Snake playing in the background?

superdave013
    Hotcrusader76:
    Was that White Snake playing in the background? Yeah, maybe but I think WILDERTHENU was about 5 years old and kicking out Motley on his boom box!

dimarcobros
    Any more pics?
    DMB

superdave013
    dimarcobros:
    Any more pics?
    DMB I've got stacks of them. It's gonna be a long winter so stay tuned!

DansBlown73Nordic
    Great Pictures.... wink

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast