Thread: Placecraft Stepcat Performance

Cranky632
    Need set-up help......

Cranky632
    Boat is brand new, still working out the kinks. The motor dynoed 1000 HP and i'm still working on the tune-up in the boat. The boat is riding very flat in the water, i keep raising the plate and i get the tabs out of the way. Shoe? Grate?
    Ride plate angle? I'm looking for any help on this, is anyone out there making horsepower with one of these boats that could offer advice?
    Thanks

pattymelt18
    call jeff bennet for help with the bottom thats always a good start

flat broke
    Actually, I believe that Marty Stretch rigged one of them up with the ol' 1000hp deal out of his Daytona. As far as I know, MPD set the boat up, so you may want to give them a call. Have you tried calling the guys at Placecraft to see what they say? They probably have a couple customers with high HP setups and could either point you in the right direction with your hardware, or at least point you to the owners of the higher HP setups they've sold.
    In general, if the tabs are for certain out of the way, turn your attention to nozzle angle and ride plate angle next. The 22 is a pretty big boat so don't expect it to fly the nose like a 19' tunnel.
    Good luck,
    Chris

Cranky632
    Thanks Chris, i've tslked to Placecraft and they said the same thing you said about the angle of the plate and the pump. They say it's just trial and error, i was just trying to speed up the process. Most of the guys making power have outdrives, but i'll ask again about any having jets. I didn't think to get a number, duh, guess i didn't want to bother anyone. Thanks for the idea, it wouldn't bother me to help someone out if i could.
    Later,
    Greg

flat broke
    Check your PMs
    Chris