Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lifting HD2500

LUVNLIFE
    OK guys I'm taking delivery of a 2003 HD 2500 two wheel drive next week. Me and the Mrs. want to put a lift on it. We are thinking 6" with 35" tires. We have both had lifted trucks before. What I need is your input and what you have. Size lift, size tires or any probs. Also this is the Duramax with the Allison. Pictures would be awesome, and also any good shops in say North LA County or the Valley. Thanks in advance from the LuvnLifes.

victorfb
    cant tell you what size lift for that size tire and wheel, but i would make sure you change the gearing in the rear end to bring it back to stock. with those big tires you will change the gearing big time. Diesels NEED to be in the right rpm range. just my opinion.

Havasu_Jet_85
    Dont get Fabtech!!!

mbrown2
    Don't have any pics of two wheel drives lifted, but I had a Tundra lifted through 4 Wheel Parts in Van Nuys and they did pretty good work...

mbrown2
    One other thing...my brother has the 2500HD lifted with the 3inch Steering Knuckles from Fabtech and it rides really good. To go an additional three all you have to do it the Dropped Lower Control Arm members...I think that is their performance 6" for those vehicles.

riverliver
    [img]http://free.***boat.net/ubb/Avatars/Gearhead_Garage/Other_Equipment/P1010015.JPG[/img]
    Here is a pic of my work truck with a 6in lift and 35s

MagicMtnDan
    RCD is THE suspension lift to go with. They're the best (based on the research I did). I went with RCD on my 2003 2500 Chevy Av 4x4 and it rides like stock. Went with BFG 315/75-16's (All Terrain T/A KOs). Had all the work done in Burbank at Off Road Unlimited - much better place than 4WP and the others. Run over there (call them) and get the scoop on their excellent work and the RCD lift). E-mail me for more info/pricing, etc.
    Here's a pic of my ride (2003 Chevy Avalanche 2500 4x4 with 8.1L/496 big block):
    [img]http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/67230_Lifted_2500_4x4.JPG[/img]

al cole'holic
    Check into 4 Wheel Specialties at Sepulveda and Devonshire. By far the best deal on an RCD lift with tire and rim packages together. (818) 830-1447 talk to Dwayne...

LUVNLIFE
    Round two of questions;
    mbrown2 is your bro happy with the kit and what size tires is he running and rims. Istopped at 4Wheel in Van Nuys yesterday, where you happy with them?
    Havasu Jet85 Why do you say no Fabtech. They seem better than Procomp?
    Riverliver that looks like what I'm after. What width rims do you run. I was told 10's wll rub but 8's won't.
    MagicMtnDan is that the place off the five freeway by Olive Ave. I haven't checked out RCD yet but I think I will.
    al cole'holic I know where that place is also it's on my way home from work. Have you had work done there and had good luck?
    All of your input is appreciated I just want a good job. Thanks

mbrown2
    LUVNLIFE:
    Round two of questions;
    mbrown2 is your bro happy with the kit and what size tires is he running and rims. Istopped at 4Wheel in Van Nuys yesterday, where you happy with them?
    My bro is running 16x8 Weld Stonecrushers with 285/75 BFG/AT's; again he is only running the 3" lift. I don't think you could go wrong with either RCD, Fabtech, or Ranch...I have owned Rancho and Fabtech and never had a issue with them. On the truck forums, I never heard much good with the Procomp. His truck rides like stock...be leery of the Stonecrushers or Mountain Crushers, the outer bead make noise...Also, 4 Wheel Parts did good work for my Tundra and I never had an issue with them.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast