Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: More taxes!?

MikeF
    Hey!, I just recieved a "county of orange unsecured property tax billing statement" in the mail and they want some $$.$$. I have owned this boat for some time and have never recieved this before. Has anyone else that lives and has their boat registered in OC that has paid this tax in the past? This is new to me. And this is supposed to be an "annual" tax! Thanx, Mike

JustMVG
    I live in San Berdoo County and just received a notice of tax due, they just seem to want to tax you for having extra cash to spend. If you got it they want thier share.
    LA County is doing the same thing

boatlessd
    I too have received this tax. I think it is called a personal property tax and it is in OC if your boat is stored there. It is a percentage of the value of your boat. If your value is lower wink then the tax is lower. Another way to get our money.

01RENEGADE
    I had the same thing. I had to pay. It is a unsecured property tax or luxury tax you have to pay it.I think the whole thing is pretty shitty you work and finally get to a point where you could afford something nice and the county wants more money not fair.Thats why some people register thier boat in AZ no tax thier.The same goes for pwc motorhome camper boat they screw you no matter what.

hoolign
    WELCOME TO CANADA
    You will now be taxed on everything possible,40 %on income over 60.000
    cigarettes will now cost you 10.00 a pack,if you live in B.C. you will pay 7% provincial tax
    +7% gst{goods and services tax] even if it's been sold 123 times,you will pay up to 92 cents a litre for fuel,if you move to Alberta we will hide the sales tax so it only looks like youre getting taxed once,....yes welcome to Canada,
    ****in Goverments....oh well...back to the vodka

MikeF
    Sounds then like it was just a matter of time before they found me. Guess it's been good for awhile now they want me to pay up . Could be worse.....could be living up in Canada wink . Thanx for the responses. Mike

Charley
    register the boat and the trailer in AZ......

Charley
    IM SORRY I HAVE NO IDEA WHY MY AVATAR IS SO F=ING BIG!!!!!!- eek!

Havasu_Dreamin
    Charley:
    register the boat and the trailer in AZ......Charley is right, to a point. It has been explained on other threads about this that a CA registered vehicle towing an AZ registered boat trailer is a sure ticket from the CHP. However, a boat registeed in AZ on a CA registered trailer is no problem.
    Also, my understanding is that the Coast Guard regulations mandate that your boat MUST be registered in the state that it is primarily used in. That's one way around the tax.

HM
    OC has been doing battle on this personal property tax for a few years now. Even people with AZ registration are finding themselves with tax bills from OC. If you claim to use it 90% or more in AZ, you are supposed to be exempt, but have heard mixed results the past couple of years. You can probably search it at the OC Register as it has been in that paper several times.
    My boat was valued at $1000 when I bought it (including trailer) and registration is $7/year! Trailer is $21/year. I don't think I will make any of the tax collectors highlite sheets!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast