Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New issue of HOT BOAT?

superV
    Just pick up a copy last night. The first f'ing 6 pages are all Fountian ads. I can understand advertising of Big Boats for the makers of large and small but come on Fountian? they have always been a big non "Hot Boat" offshore type brand!Shit i think the smallest boat they make is a 27' i dont think you can even take them to london Bridge cannel (i.e. The home of all hot boats) P.S. i Know thier money is green as everyone elses... But 6 pgs? Thier was a nice one page ad for the non money making ***boat.NET promoting the site! I though the Test section part 2 was good but i did not agree with the Profile write up. I just looked at these boats at the KC boat show and talk with the owner for some time. When i asked why they paint thier boats and not use Gel, the owner said he did not under stand the big craz for custom gel and that paint was better. When looking at thier 27 Cat you could see every tape line and all the jagged edges from the removal of the tape inaddition to being able to feel the lines. The inside of the rig was only geled where you can see ! I think they are good from far but far from good? Lets here some opinions

GlastronGuy
    Hot Boat has a magazine?

superV
    GlastronGuy:
    Hot Boat has a magazine? ROTFLMAO

Quality Time
    It's Boat Show season and Fountain seems to do this every year in most of the mags. Like you said, their money is green.

superV
    Quality Time:
    It's Boat Show season and Fountain seems to do this every year in most of the mags. Like you said, their money is green. Well i hope they spend it all, they are already having money problems maybe this will break them? "NOT" You know they did not do near as much in some of the other mags out there this month? I think they just now where all the real boaters$$$ are and that the market is shifting to SoCal Hot Boats and they cant keep up with thier big over head Did anyone see in Power Boat last month Baja is stoping there prodution of go fast boats due to the SoCal custom seen and focusing on "performance fishing boats"? This is why the new baja 20' is only 25K close out deal is what that is... They are keeping it real low key they said in the small write up! eek!

mbrown2
    I am going to go out on a limb and say I think Fountains are over rated....For that Grip, I would rather have a Cig, Outlimits, or Hustler; most of those mentioned test better than the Fountains, look better, and are probably more reasonably priced.....death to the beaks. eek!

superV
    mbrown2:
    I am going to go out on a limb and say I think Fountains are over rated....For that Grip, I would rather have a Cig, Outlimits, or Hustler; most of those mentioned test better than the Fountains, look better, and are probably more reasonably priced.....death to the beaks. eek! Fountain

superV
    What about Profile any comments?

ACCEPTENCE
    HEY!!!! what's with baggin the Fountains??? Thier no different then any other builder. They just cater to the higher end and have all the money they need for advertising.
    Six pages should'nt be a problem, don't you like the pics???
    Also this. If you remember not so many years back there was nothing but little go fast boats on the river and havasu. Now a days the trend is bigger and that's all you see are 25-29fters. As evolution happens and boats continue to get bigger and badder, Fountain has allready got the name in front of you. Trends are changing, things will go bigger yet and Fountain's marketing has a jump on the gun. Ya think maybe???
    Besides, six pages of Fountains gives me a reason to look for a job
    [ February 13, 2003, 08:56 AM: Message edited by: ACCEPTENCE ]

Blown 472
    I have no problem with them, I toured the plant twice, first time the guy that gave me the tour used to ski on the river where I boat, they loaded me up with videos and all kinds of stuff, nice folks, all kinds of hp and kick ass boats laying around. eek!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast