Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I splashed DANA! well kinda

superdave013
    RTJas posted some pics of his pimp gas caps that are on his new Lavey. Here's Jason's set up. I think it's a DANA part. Well they have one on their web site that looks like it anyway.

Now I like that and wanted something kinda like it but not an exact spash. And that bezel is to large to fit in my space.
    I already had the caps so this is what I came up with. I used 6 bolts instead of 12 and made it as small as I could. I got a little fancy with the inside so it wouldn't hold water in it. I also ported the caps because that's the vent for my tanks. They only had one 3/16" hole for a vent. Now it has 12 of them.
    These should look pretty pimp when they get polished and anno.
    [img]http://free.***boat.net/ubb/Avatars/Gearhead_Garage/Other_Equipment/gas_cap_bezels2.JPG[/img]
    [img]http://free.***boat.net/ubb/Avatars/Gearhead_Garage/Other_Equipment/gas_cap_bezels.JPG[/img]
    [ February 12, 2003, 10:28 AM: Message edited by: superdave013 ]

Jordy
    Nice work SD. When do we start production as I need a new set for my boat...

superdave013
    jordanpaulk:
    Nice work SD. When do we start production as I need a new set for my boat... These are sized to cover up the holds left by the old flip top caps like my boat used to have.

Tom Brown
    Hey Dave,
    Have you ever thought of having a billet poured that would let you plow out an entire hull using your mill?
    Fantastic work, by the way.

LeE ss13
    [/QUOTE]These are sized to cover up the holds left by the old flip top caps like my boat used to have. [/QB][/QUOTE]
    Do you still have the old flip top ones ??? If you do, I would like to buy them. I have a collection of them.

mbrown2
    Great work Dave

superdave013
    RiverDave:
    SuperDave, can you explain the "porting" a little more? I see some holes in the bottom of the Cap, but I can't see where they go.
    Those ports are the vents for the fuel tank? So you know longer have to run a seperate Vent?
    RD Here you go Dave. It did only have on hole. And it has an o ring that covers half of it. O ring not shown for your viewing pleasure.
    [img]http://free.***boat.net/ubb/Avatars/Gearhead_Garage/Other_Equipment/gas_cap_ported.JPG[/img]

superV
    Nice work SuperDave. Hey do you still have your old tow rig? The 84 i think it was...

superdave013
    LeE ss13:
    These are sized to cover up the holds left by the old flip top caps like my boat used to have. [/b][/QUOTE]
    Do you still have the old flip top ones ??? If you do, I would like to buy them. I have a collection of them. [/QB][/QUOTE]
    No, they were changed before I got it. But the holes were left behind!
    Tom, I would need a tad larger mill to do that. But I'ed like to!

superdave013
    superV:
    Nice work SuperDave. Hey do you still have your old tow rig? The 84 i think it was... nope

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast