Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I Had A Little Scare Tonight.

DansBlown73Nordic
    I drop my daughter off at soccer practice. She is seven years old. So I drive down the road a mile to pick-up dinner. I come back to the soccer field. Its been about 15 minutes. I look all over the field for her and the team. Not a one of them to be found. About then some girl comes along and says practice was cancelled.... eek! So I drive home thinking I will find a message on the answering machine. Where my daughter is.
    I finally call the coach who I find out is out of town. Come to find out he had a 18 year old girl coaching tonight. She decided to move the practice up the road to another field. burningm
    So in the end all was well....

H20 Party Starter
    where is this 18 year old with soccer legs.............I'll teach her a lesson or two

Kilrtoy
    Not to bust your balls,
    But seven years old and you just left her.......
    In a park..........
    ALONE
    I'm confused about this one.....

DansBlown73Nordic
    It is a soccer field at the school. Its not a park.

Her454
    Kilrtoy:
    Not to bust your balls,
    But seven years old and you just left her.......
    In a park..........
    ALONE
    I'm confused about this one..... Ditto on that.... I would NEVER leave a 7 year old....period. Maybe your scared enough now that you wont either. wink

DansBlown73Nordic
    Well in the past I never worried about it. we live in the middle of Knowwhere.....So its never been an issue. If that makes sense?

Mr.Havasu
    Hi Dan,
    It's alot different on the west coast than your rural area. But times are changing and it's better to be safe than sorry. Watch out for your little ones they can't be replaced.

FMluvswater
    Why didn't the coach inform the parents of the change in location? Dan did what he usually does and it usually is okay he dropped his daughter off at the correct location to the best of his knowledge .. I think it was irresponsible of the coach and of the replacement coach to not keep the parents informed. Just my .02.

chub
    It's f'd up we on the west coast feel this way but but you gotta be sharp here. Unfortunatly kids come up "missing." I'm glad your youngin is well.

Ziggy
    ya know, even with my daughters soccer team(she's 10) at least 50% of the parents drop-n-go...its a shame that they actually consider it like a 1 1/2 hour daycare situation....and the coach has to sit there with them til the(sometimes an hour) late parents decide to show up. Never a thanks either for watching over them.
    Sounds like Dans situation was that the coach didn't properly inform his teams' parents. That's not right and then to put some 18 yr old in charge of them to boot who randomly decided to move practice elsewhere????? She's the one who should be chastized.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast