Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Concrete/Garage Cabinet ?'S

LOWRIVER2
    I'm building a new garage, I have a couple of ?'s regarding the floor.
    I'll PM them to those in the know,
    Thanks,
    LR
    Also,
    I'm looking into cabinets. What co.'s have been used, are good?

Never Satisfied
    Any floor info you hear post it. I'm in the process of finishing my house and want to epoxy the floor in the garage and I'm hearing huge price for what they tell me is the "Good stuff". $4 a sq. ft.

havaduner
    $4 per sq. ft. sounds about right, looking to do mine as well.
    Any info someone has one good cabinets????

RandyH
    Just added onto the house and built a 2.5 car, in floor heat and a floor drain. Best word of advise, Compaction. Let it compact as long as possible. A couple of good rains or spinklers help. Also rebar from the door thresholds in as far as possible will span any settlement back to your footing. And dont forget to do your sawcuts. All this will help avoid cracking. Poly fiber also is worth it I think in the garage. Then if you do get a crack it will shift less. Good Luck,
    RandyH

KingCole
    I own a cabinet shop in Anaheim. Most of our work is commercial but we have done a lot of custom garages. Our prices are about the same as the closet/ garage cabinet company's, but our product is way better. We can offer you more options, colors, materials, plastic laminate, metal, diamond plate, as stock or as custom as you want, and we're easy to deal with. We're all boater, bikers, hot rodders.... Send me a PM or email, mike@bandmcabinets.com, we can help you out.

LOWRIVER2
    Thanks guys and thanks King cole.
    Is anyone doing a "slope" of 1-3" on the slab for fluid (ie:spills) runoff. My guy offered up 3 but I was thinking 1.5 as I do have the washer/dryer in there, but otherwise 3 seems a lot.
    I'm new on this stuff , what's the standard?

ROZ
    pm woodster... his company does exactly what you speak of...

LOWRIVER2
    Thanks Roz,
    I"m going with the 3" as I was told a ratio of 1/4" drop per foot. X30 ft. makes it good for any runoff from the washing machine in the future.

TCHB
    I am almost complete with my Havasu RV Garage 30x50 and will seal it clear. It seems like I am always dragging something across the floor. I went with 6 inch concrete so it could hold up under heavy loading.

MUDXPRT
    typical 20' - 25' garage has approx. 2" to 2.5" fall in the floor. 1/4" per ft. is way to much.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast