Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fred Inman has done it again!!

Catmando
    June Powerboat(sorry) page 44. 20' Australian ski boat, 1100HP twin-turbo Paul Pfaff motor, twin IMCO Xtreme drives with a gear-splitter routed to the drives.
    Fred just keeps the ideas comin'! idea

burbanite
    You mean like this.....?

Catmando
    That's the one right there, burb. Notice the wing steering on the drives. Leaves like a jet boat and the twin drives cancel out the torque from big-power motors. No ventilation in high-speed turns because one prop is always in the water.
    I was thinking about the Bruce Dualjet drive on my boat, but this system is very interesting also. The main issue is price; the IMCO dual drive is about $25,000, whereas the Bruce drive is less than $10,000.
    [ May 13, 2003, 02:35 PM: Message edited by: Catmando ]

Catmando
    Says Davis Bros. Prime Time Racing on it.

OC-PARTYCAT
    I just bought a forklift from the guy that owns that boat. Hes claimin 1100hp on pump gas and 1650 hp on race fuel and 150mph

Catmando
    OC-PARTYCAT:
    I just bought a forklift from the guy that owns that boat. Hes claimin 1100hp on pump gas and 1650 hp on race fuel and 150mph In the article, Fred says it took 18 lbs of boost to run 120 with one drive. With the twin drive setup, it took just 9 lbs. to get there, so 18 lbs would give him 150+/-.
    I would NOT want to be in a 21' open cockpit boat at that speed. eek! Even 120 is too fast in that boat.

schiada96
    so 140 in a flat is out of the question!!

Catmando
    Well...maybe ONCE. wink I'm not a PUSSYcat, but I don't have a death wish either. 21' Vs are just not stable at those speeds.
    I think, for a boat 28' and shorter, my boat is the best hull for 120+. Not to brag, but the Reverse Three-point hull has incredible stability and balance.

BADAXE
    Catmando:
    I think, for a boat 28' and shorter, my boat is the best hull for 120+. Not to brag, but the Reverse Three-point hull has incredible stability and balance. Sorry dude but your not thinking Straight. pig_flyi There is a reason you can throw a beach towel over everyone that owns one of your boats. It's because they don't work well enough to over come the unusual looks. I promise you most everyone would rather be in a 21' Cyclone ski race boat at 150mph than a Clastron. IMHO

burbanite
    RiverDave:
    Is that he prime marine boat?
    RD It was rigged by them, WILDERTHANU54 should have the skinny on these deals.
    superdave013 was snapping pics of this at the Parker ski races.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast