Dog License Tax
    Federal Income Tax
    Federal Unemployment Tax (FUTA)
    Fishing License Tax
    Food License Tax
    Fuel permit tax
    Gasoline Tax (42 cents per gallon)
    Hunting License Tax
    Inheritance Tax Interest expense (tax on the money)
    Inventory tax IRS Interest Charges (tax on top of tax)
    IRS Penalties (tax on top of tax)
    Liquor Tax
    Local Income Tax
    Luxury Taxes
    Marriage License Tax
    Medicare Tax
    Property Tax
    Real Estate Tax
    Septic Permit Tax
    Service Charge Taxes
    Social Security Tax
    Road Usage Taxes (Truckers)
    Sales Taxes
    Recreational Vehicle Tax
    Road Toll Booth Taxes
    School Tax
    State Income Tax
    State Unemployment Tax (SUTA)
    Telephone federal excise tax
    Telephone federal universal service fee tax
    Telephone federal, state and local surcharge taxes
    Telephone minimum usage surcharge tax
    Telephone recurring and non-recurring charges tax
    Telephone state and local tax
    Telephone usage charge tax
    Toll Bridge Taxes
    Toll Tunnel Taxes
    Traffic Fines (indirect taxation)
    Trailer registration tax
    Utility Taxes
    Vehicle License Registration Tax
    Vehicle Sales Tax
    Watercraft Registration Tax
    Well Permit Tax
    Workers Compensation Tax
    COMMENTS: Not one of these taxes existed 100 years ago and our nation was the most prosperous in the world, had absolutely no national debt, had the largest middle class in the world and Mom stayed home to raise the kids.
    What the hell happened?

Nubbs
    OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET:
    COMMENTS: Not one of these taxes existed 100 years ago and our nation was the most prosperous in the world, had absolutely no national debt, had the largest middle class in the world and Mom stayed home to raise the kids.
    What the hell happened? Yeah, but they didn't have such great politicians/leaders/scumbags/a$$holes/liars in office running the state like we do now. Nor did they have such a great welfare program that makes it easier to accept government handouts than to work. burningm burningm burningm

carbonmarine
    What the hell happend.....?
    Some guy from Texas called Lyndon Baines Johnson had a brainfart called the Great Society and modern liberalism & social experimentation in the form weatlth redistribution and Govt caretaker was concienved & excercised. Politicians ( both sides ) saw them selves as more important than their constituency & spent, spent spent...Spend it or lose it mentality reigned in. Those that were were born and lived in this flourished and a new modern constituency was born... A constituency that would not nescissarily reject the premise that federal & local budgets climb by 10-15% anuualy .....Why ? because the Govenment takes care of everything !!!!!
    Thats what happend.......and here is where we are boys & girls....
    Rick32

Dave C
    you forgot some big ones:
    UBTI
    Estate taxes
    Excise taxes (various)
    AMT
    A great politician summed up the government’s role as: if it moves tax it, if it stops moving subsidize it, if it keeps moving regulate it.
    Ask yourself, whose life is better now that they pay 45%+ of their income in taxes? And how much of that 45% do you receive back in services?

johnboy
    Hey Omega you are in Texas make sure you vote Sat there are some state tax issues up nohing too major other than the Med lawsuit thing but a few minor taxes we could do away with.
    I did it yesterday.
    John

eaglemtnlaketx
    Taxes are out of control. It is more like 50% of your income goes to taxes of some sort. I am worried because there seems to be no relief on the horizon. I already don't expect to receive any social security in my life. Practically the only way to reduce your tax burden is to own a business...except in California.

eaglemtnlaketx:
    Taxes are out of control. It is more like 50% of your income goes to taxes of some sort. I am worried because there seems to be no relief on the horizon. I already don't expect to receive any social security in my life. Practically the only way to reduce your tax burden is to own a business...except in California. Yes....California, where all are welcome unless you work for a living, own a business, have an income from anywhere in the private sector, own rental property, inherit money [any amount] and in any way not rely on government for your health care, welfare, food stamps, WICs, Sec. 8 housing, public transportation. If you fit into any of the above catagory we don't want you....at least thats the way it seems burningm

Dave C
    Here is an actual summary of the most common taxes:
    FIT: 15%-28% (most of us 27-35%) (less deductions than there used to be)
    CA SIT, 2%-9.3% (most of us 6-9.3%)
    FICA 7.65% (if your S/E its 15.3%)
    (so I am paying 47% on my income right away)
    CA sales tax 8.5%
    Gas tax total $0.30 per gallon.
    So if you spend a lot of money purchasing items that are taxable and gas, then you pay 50%+ in taxes.

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
    johnboy:
    Hey Omega you are in Texas make sure you vote Sat there are some state tax issues up nohing too major other than the Med lawsuit thing but a few minor taxes we could do away with.
    I did it yesterday.
    John have you heard that commercial about the doctors threatning to leave Texas? classic........
    Omega

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
    I spend alot on Liquor tax. In Texas the gas is taxed 38.4 cents per gallon. we don't pay state income tax I better get back to work. I have several less fortunate non english speaking families depending on me burningm
    Omega

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast