Thread: v drives

fatalbert
    Thanks for all the help to this newbie on the '78 SleekCraft. After speaking to a surveyor today, if I can find a SleekCraft that fits my budget, it needs to be a 1980 or newer; they changed construction design and materials and are much better than the pre-'80s.
    So, with the suggestions I've received to look at Spectras and Campbells, can anyone educate this ignorant boating newbie on the operational differences between the v-drive and what I call a standard outdrive (merc, volvo, etc), advantages, disadvantages.
    Again, all your comments and feedback were great and helped to keep me from making what I now believe would have been a poor decision.
    This is a great board
    thanks again
    srs

DaveA
    Hey Hey Hey,
    Come on down the page a little further to the V-drive Forum and let's discuss this. You'll get plenty of information!
    DaveA

superdave013
    V drives track like they are on rails and they don't break.

77charger
    superdave013:
    V drives track like they are on rails and they don't break. and sd 013 has gears to exchange.

Mohavekid
    They don't back up worth crap either.

superdave013
    Mohavekid:
    They don't back up worth crap either. That is true, mine backs up just as crappy as my brothers brand new wakeboard boat.
    Small price to pay for performance.

Sangster
    superdave013:
    Mohavekid:
    They don't back up worth crap either. That is true, mine backs up just as crappy as my brothers brand new wakeboard boat.
    Small price to pay for performance. And you'll have alot less into your boat..and everyone will want to ride in Uncle Dave's boat..

superdave013
    Sangster:
    superdave013:
    Mohavekid:
    Small price to pay for performance. And you'll have alot less into your boat..and everyone will want to ride in Uncle Dave's boat.. I donno about that. I've been puttin out the coin lately.