Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hey Jordy!!!!

Mandelon
    I've got whiny kids and a wife who lets me know if she's uncomfortable...if you know what I mean??? I guess the dunes is just a different animal......With a boat, I'd have trouble justifying a sand only toy too. wink

Zuumer
    Mandelon:
    Seriously, JP I have a question for you, I am looking for a Baja bug for our family's desert trips. Got a friend here in Havasu with a bitchin' Manx. It's got all the right stuff. Street legal with disk brakes all around and new tires with billet rims. Paddle tires for the dunes. 2332 Fuel injected VW with a built bus tranny. Hauls a@s. If U'r interested I got a spec sheet and photos.
    BTW... Where U at in SD? He just moved out here from El Cajon in September and I moved here from the Clairemont/Mission Bay area

Mandelon
    I used to live in west Squaremont, off Moraga, but we went uptown and now live in UC. Schools are better..... bigger mortgage was a better investment than private school prices!
    I'd still like a Manx, but family all says they want windows and doors.. frown

JetBoatRich
    Mandelon just buy what you want and tell the to get used to it

Zuumer
    Mandelon:
    I used to live in west Squaremont, off Moraga, but we went uptown and now live in UC. Schools are better..... bigger mortgage was a better investment than private school prices!
    I'd still like a Manx, but family all says they want windows and doors.. OK that's Kool. Gotta keep the family happy
    I wuz in those condo's on Clairmont Dr. right by the 5 at the Visitor Information Center and used to ski Mission Bay all the time.

Mandelon
    I know those. The Super market across the street is now a thrift store. And JR's California Cafe closed too. frown

LUVNLIFE
    Hey Jordon it seems you now something about sand. We wanted to start checking out Glamis and picked up An 81 CJ with a 350 Chevy. The price was right,free. It just needs cosmetics and paddles. Thing we just wanted something cheap to go check it out and see if it's what we want to do. Think that will work in the sand or am I out of line.

Jordy
    The jeeps get around out there. They kind of tend to stay on the flatter stuff and the smaller bowls and follow the well beaten paths around Glamis. The big bowls are kind of hard to run if you don't have the power and the speed to carry you around. I'd talk to some of the guys on Glamis Dunes Web Page in the forum as it seems that there are quite a few jeep guys on there and they should be able to give you some pointers.
    Hey Rich, I stopped by my buddy's house and all they have left are two 80's which I think would be a bit big for a 6 year old, at least for a couple years. They sold the 65 some time back. I tried.

JetBoatRich
    My daughter could use the 80, is it for sale?

Jordy
    Yeah, they have two of them for sale. I didn't get details as I was thinking of something smaller for your son. I'll get some details. I do know they're only a couple years old. Other than that, I'll find out.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast