Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tell me about timeshares....

Mandelon
    I have an opportunity to take a discounted timeshare in trade.
    Here is what I know. It is "deeded." I was told it is a week in Lake Tahoe. The month is August, which is apparently high season.
    It is bankable with RCI as a "red" group....
    Hope all that makes sense. Any info would be appreciated.....

73beast
    Mandelon,check your messages.

Catmando
    I have RCI, and my home resort is Bransom, which we HAD to take when we turned down our other home resort here in Texas. I wish I had not bought this timeshare, I pay, pay and pay, have to book sometimes two years ahead for swaps to popular resorts in Florida, the Bahamas etc.
    And just TRY to sell it.

Mandelon
    Where is Bransom?? Can't you trade it for somewhere else??

Frosty_pop
    Sorry, as much as I hate to agree with the "big cat" I bought one in Vegas and paid more in fee's than I would of ever spent on hotels..... If you got a ton of money and just want to throw it away, let me give you my address and you can send it this way...... thanks

burbanite
    Have a friend who works in the business.
    Do not ever, ever, never never get involved in this. Very occasionally some are happy with it but invariably there are so many loopholes and hidden stipulations that it becomes a burden rather than the "joy" that it is supposed to be.

Catmando
    FINALLY, somebody agrees with me on something. eek! Frosty and Burbanite have got it right. RCI/Silverleaf is a ripoff.
    Bransom, Mo. is the second Nashville. Dolly Parton and all the biggies have concert halls there. She has biggies too.

spectratoad
    Branson. Now that I also have some input on htis I can tell my wife that she doesn't need to look for one any longer. She always askes me about them and I keep telling her that it just doesn't sound right and now I have it in writing. Thanks guys.

GlastronGuy
    I have to agree with everyone, pass on it.

Seadog
    Time shares are Ok, if you get a good match. We have two condos at Powderhorn, that are great for us. It costs less than usual, we can cook all of our meals and we are close enough to the slope that we can come in for a break any time.
    On the negative, they never maintain the condos to the level that they promise and if you don't use it, you are out your annual fees for that year unless you can rent it out.
    Time shares are not an investment. They are a gamble that you will get more out of it than you would otherwise. It also depends on the type of timeshare. There are two outfits at Grand that are timeshare RV parks. They have advantages, but we did the tour package and passed, even tho we go to Grand a lot. My wife's sister and family have one there and spent years paying for it without using it because they wanted to have it for their family in the future and because they can go to Branson and stay..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast