Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Our new old 500 dollar motorhome.

wsuwrhr
    I picked this gem up last week from one of my friend's parents. '76 27' Overland. Superdave was making fun of him for his jet "hydro" on Ebay, cool guy nonetheless.
    I bought it for 500 bucks, Dodge 440, runs good, 28,000 miles, pretty clean inside, it has been sitting its whole life. Original 17.5 tires are cracked so bad, I can't belive the tires still have air in them. I have been working on it little by little. The DMV bent me over for registration, I got it cheap enough I guess, but I was still hot for awhile. Hopefully you all
    will be seeing me in it when the sun comes out for good this season. So what do you guys think? A good buy, or a peice of crap? I got pimp-daddy wheels for it from the wherehouse, I can't wait to put them on. Anybody get deals on tires?
    Brian
    [img]http://www.***boat.net/image_center/data/506/63motorhome2.jpg[/img]
    [ March 01, 2003, 07:46 PM: Message edited by: wsuwrhr ]

wsuwrhr
    [img]http://www.***boat.net/image_center/data/506/63motorhome1.jpg[/img]

wsuwrhr
    [img]http://www.***boat.net/image_center/data/506/63pimpwheel.jpg[/img]
    American Eagle 115 16x6 Dually wheels.
    [ March 01, 2003, 07:41 PM: Message edited by: wsuwrhr ]

TrojanDan
    Cool Ride. My grandparents own a similiar one (1977 - 20 footer) with the same Dodge 440 engine. My grandfather and I took that badboy to New Mexico a few years back to do some deer hunting and it ran like a champ. Very strong engine. For $500 you can't go wrong.

JetBoatRich
    $500 tough to beat that, the older units always need a little T.L.C. I have a 86; 34', it is great because you make sure things are taken care of. But at the same time it is not brand new so you are more relaxed. wink

malcolm
    I'm not a fan of the class A's or Mopars for that matter, but I gotta say they built a pretty stout motorhome. Those 440's really pull good in heavy rigs. I think you can make it look respectable by summer.

superdave013
    Looks like a good start to me! Those rims and a custom do it yourself paint job and it will be a pimpin love bus for sure.
    And like I said before, I was just picking on the very rare part of that e bay ad. Not the boat it's self.

wsuwrhr
    Dave, just busting your chops there old guy. I said it before, I thought it was a relic anyway. I didn't want the boat either. I was just mentioning that I knew the guy selling it. haha
    Brian

Great deal....for 5 Franklins you can plant that thing somewhere and make a great weekend getaway. Hell, I've had hotel rooms cost more a night than you paid to own, congrats on a good deal.

JetBoatRich
    Those rims will really make the thing look cool and probably a little faster

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast