Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 36v or 48v golfcart?

TOBTEK
    mr salesman has a few 36 volt carts for a OK price(ive been told to get a 48v), but is saying that there isnt that big of a advantage as far as speed or power compared to a 48v....if so why do pep have the 48v then????? would like to hear from peps that have owned either......thanks

tobek if your going to make it faster get a cart that is not a dcs cart(digital control system)it more exspensive to make it go faster and there is a limit with the box.if you get a ez-go let me know i can probaly hook you up with parts at 40 percent off.

Screaming Pete
    TOBTEK:
    mr salesman has a few 36 volt carts for a OK price(ive been told to get a 48v), but is saying that there isnt that big of a advantage as far as speed or power compared to a 48v....if so why do pep have the 48v then????? would like to hear from peps that have owned either......thanks Tobtek, If you are just cruaaaing around hidden shores just buy a newer cart with rackn pinion steering and a good set of batteries, If you are going to take it off roading get a four stroke gas car, so you can take the back road to fishers andmartinez and party like a rockstar with the rest of us fools...Calll if you have any ? idea

TOBTEK
    boatnam2:
    tobek if your going to make it faster get a cart that is not a dcs cart(digital control system)it more exspensive to make it go faster and there is a limit with the box.if you get a ez-go let me know i can probaly hook you up with parts at 40 percent off. WOW...40% off thats sweet! but is a 36v EZGO a bad thing for just basic cruising does one need a 48v?

cheezpanel
    Hey Toby, mine is a 48v. I really don't know how much faster it is than a 36, but it does pretty well. I'm bringing it out to Hidden Shores on Sunday afternoon...if you're there then you're welcome to take a test drive. My temporary site is C96.
    Bill

intense
    cheezpanel:
    Hey Toby, mine is a 48v. I really don't know how much faster it is than a 36, but it does pretty well. I'm bringing it out to Hidden Shores on Sunday afternoon...if you're there then you're welcome to take a test drive. My temporary site is C96.
    Bill You forgot to tell him he has to let you drive his boat while he's cruising your cart

cheezpanel
    intense:
    cheezpanel:
    Bill You forgot to tell him he has to let you drive his boat while he's cruising your cart I'd almost be afraid to go near his bad ass boat, let alone drive it! eek!

i dont know what i have one is a 1996 dcs cart lifted it runs good all day long the other i got is a 1998 non dcs because i was going to fix it up and make it fast but have not done it yet.the place where i get some of the parts says it will go 30 to 35mph with a hot motor.whats a good price i payed 800 and 900 for mine.

luvmyboat
    a 36v willwork just fine, I work in san bernardino county selling forklifts, par cars etc. and a 48v battery will not make much if any difference in speed.
    hope that helped

v-drive
    Being as this has come up my father in law is a toy builder. He is 83 and really shows no signs of slowing down yet. He wants to build a golf cart with a 360 yamaha that he has. We have been looking all over for an old frame but are unable to locate one. I am told the old gas powered ones are hard to come by well at least cheap ones are. if anyone can help please let me know. Thanks...V-drive
    [ April 05, 2003, 07:27 AM: Message edited by: v-drive ]

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast