Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Purchasing from Over Seas???

HammerDown
    I'm looking to buy some Carb Parts from a Retailer in the UK. Should I have any reservations about E-Mailing my Credit Card#??? never did that before.
    They also accept PayPal...I've never used it...how safe is it?
    Thanks for suggestions.

spectratoad
    I have never had any problems using my CC overseas when I was there but in this situation I think I would use Pay-Pal. They could be a sort of middle man and your CC number may never get to the other business. I am guessing you may have a little more protection by using the Pay-Pal. I have used it and it seems pretty legit.

drbones
    I would have to agree on paypal..
    you pay paypal..then paypal pays them....
    so the over sea's company should never even see your CC info...

HammerDown
    Thanks for the suggestions.
    PS. looks like the parts needed will be coming from Italy.
    [ September 30, 2003, 10:40 AM: Message edited by: HammerDown ]

THE VIKING
    Well, Mr. Hammerdown, I don't know what you need, but if it's available here in DK i would be more then happy to assist you with your purchase in the good old ***boat spirit.
    The viking.

HammerDown
    THE VIKING:
    Well, Mr. Hammerdown, I don't know what you need, but if it's available here in DK i would be more then happy to assist you with your purchase in the good old ***boat spirit.
    The viking. What I'm after is two 28mm Ventures and (maybe two 33mm) for a Dellorto (DHLA 40) Side Draft Carb.
    I've located 2 in the UK and just received an E-Mail from a fella in Italy that has them new and used...for a very fair price.
    And you Sir?

Ziggy
    Hammer,
    Caveat....Be careful of any method for payment. Friend lost $2500 on a deal to buy a flatscreen TV..he used Western Union to overseas. Funds were not to be released until confirmation of product delivery...didn't happen...no product and no money either....think it was from Italy.

HammerDown
    OK so I'm regesterd on Pay-Pal...so I'm guessing I use there E-Mail address as the place to send payment? Is this how it works?
    Big sale here, total amount $20.00 (hard parts to find)!

wsuwrhr
    Ziggy,
    While they are not in your area, Car Craft in Riverside Ca. should have the sidedraft parts you need. Dellorto is out of business, but I would think they can get them if they don't have them. They are very good friends of mine and will treat you right. They are in the states, I would think the deal would be sweeter then accross the pond. No offence to the out-of-countrymen. I will be there next week, if you like, I will call and see what they have, get them for you and send them your way.
    Talk to Shane or Ed, Car Craft 909-781-4480
    Brian
    PM me for any details,
    or call at 909-982-4068
    [ September 30, 2003, 08:09 PM: Message edited by: wsuwrhr ]

wsuwrhr
    I'm pretty sad about it, I got burned from a guy in Australia on a nitrous bracket I make. I sent him a polished bracket, quick pins, all the add-ons, 250.00 with shipping. I sent it US mail with no tracking, like an idiot, you know where this is going, he said he never got it, and I have no proof. I had to send him another on FOC, this time UPS with tracking number.
    Never again,
    Brian
    By the way, I make some cool billet aircleaner assemblies for your sidedrafts if you are interested. Check out the website.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast