Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What non-boat-owners do that piss me off...

HighRoller
    Okay,this needed to be said.How many of you have invited a"friend"to go boating and had this happen?
    I invite dude to go boating on 4th of July to watch fireworks.He's jazzed,asks what he can bring.I tell him to bring beer.He says ok.Fastforward to launch ramp.I'm getting boat ready to launch on trailer.Dude shows up...with his girlfriend...and HER MOM!At least he brought beer...DOH burningm A six pack of Natural light!I launch,politely ask them to please remove their shoes before boarding and we're off.Before we even get out of the cove,MOM is bitching about the stereo being too loud.They drink up all their expensive beer and are soon mowing down mine.MOM is bickering with girlfriend about not getting too drunk.I ask them to help me hold the boat at the shore while watching fireworks.Instead they make out and ignore me while MOM plugs her ears in the bow.We haul ass back after the show,I pull up to the dock and they disembark.As Dude is stepping off,he shakes my hand and says"thanks"before spinning around on my deck wearing sandals and grinding sand into the gelcoat!No offer of gas money,help trailering the boat or help cleaning up.WTF???I see him a couple months later,he says"we had a great time boating. Can't wait to do it again!"I say"YEAH!I'll call ya!"NOT!!!!!!!!

BajaMike
    They just don't get it....bringing "mom" is almost as bad as the sandals in the gelcoat....
    burningm

HCS
    I only try to invite people I know, and It still
    doesn't work.
    All you can do is not invite them agian.
    Iv'e had clowns spill soadas in my boat, not pitch in " for anything ", cut my uphostery,
    bring their bimbo freinds along that weren't invited, scratch my boat and all kinds of stupid shit. Like get drunk and make assholes of themselves.
    Hey! lets go boating!!
    NOT.

moneysucker
    Walking down the center of the bow, not the edge.

Kindsvater Flat
    Those that I have invited will not ride with me anymore. Mainly if they don't chip in on anything I ride the "Up" pedal and make the ride a little more fun.
    Anyone have someone "Yak" in there boat yet? Seen it once luckily it wasn't mine.

I don't have that problem....all my friends have boats

Stupid Fast
    Kindsvater Flat:
    Anyone have someone "Yak" in there boat yet? Seen it once luckily it wasn't mine. It really sucks. I am one of the types that just catches a wiff of puke and my stomach wants to unload. I had some jackass boyfriend of my wifeas freind along. I tried to tell him we were going to be out all day, drink water. At about 3 or so he looks sick and asks me to slow down. I do. He gets recomposed. I take off again. The nnext thing I know I feel wet. The SOB was in the Bow and puked into the wind . The whole boat, the cooler, my wife, my daughter, and I were covered in 40 minuit old beer from this jackasses belly. I had to jump out of the boat. I came unglued.
    He atl east paid to have the boat detailed but I never felt the same in that boat and traded iit in at the end of the summer.
    Puke sucks
    EMC

Posey
    Yea, you get into those situations once in a while. They are not your friends if they pull that kind of bullshit while boating with you. burningm
    My Motto: ASS, GAS or BEER nobody rides for free

spectratoad
    Hey Highroller, Stuff like that sucks. I don't mind giving free rides once in awhile but that situation really sucked. I have had a couple people do shit like that and my wife doesn't understand why I get irritated.
    So didn't mom do anything for ya while the kids were makin' out? j/k

Slick
    I took my folks, sister and her husband to watch fireworks 4th of July. They brought friggin' popcorn and peanut butter cookies that got mashed into my new 40oz carpet. Man that pissed me off having to vacuume out me boat at 2am that morning. I was worried the sun the next morning would bake the oil from the cookies into the carpet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast