Thread: Smart Tabs on 23 footer

tewfiddy1
    Hey all, been a while since I have been on here.
    Got a question for everyone. I have a 2002, 23 foot Caravelle Interceptor with a 350 mag and 20 degrees deadrise. Been a great boat and its quick but, My hole shot is something to be reckond with. I get terrible bow lift when I get in it out of the hole. And at idle speeds coming out of the no wake, the nose is everywhere and I have to constantly steer the thing. Does anyone have experience with the Smart Tabs everyone is talking about on this big of a boat. would I benefit by putting them on. Right now Im gettin 64 mph and I was told that my top end would increase a few mph's along with solving the other problem. Am I asking for too much... Thanks for all the help
    Bruce

NorCal Gameshow
    an orphaned tech thread languishes in a sea of bullshit.
    --------------------
    Mike
    "If you get to thinking you're a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else's dog around." Will Rogers
    www.rexmar.com
    www.impywheels.com

tewfiddy1
    What is that suppose to mean?, I came here for answers and that all I get...come on I need more than that shit
    Bruce

tewfiddy1
    Norcal, I hope your not in sales or service for Rexmar, They will be broke soon with your kind of help.
    Bruce

I assure you he isn't employed here at Rex. He hijacked that post of mine off a different thread. I'm sure he's just having fun and meant nothing by it nor intended to aggravate you with it.
    I'd answer your question but I don't have experience with the smart tabs so I think the question will be better answered by someone who has used or installed them.
    You might get better results posting this in a tech forum like Hot Boats as things move off the first page quickly in the Sandbar. Probably much more serious answers as well. Just a tip. Good luck.

tewfiddy1
    Hey thanks Rex, Im just loooking to solve this problem. Im sure he was poking fun, but its irratating when you have this problem. I thought maybe he was telling me Im bullshitting about the speed or the problems. Its quick now but will be quicker later on after some mods... Hopefully. Thanks for the help.
    Bruce

NorCal Gameshow
    TF, just having some fun, this is the sand bar. mike is right,you will have better luck on hot boats,or outdrive tech
    NORCAL (not affiliated in any way to rex)

tewfiddy1
    Just talk to John at nautico - Smart tabs. He said they should take care of everything. I read some of the comments on the tabs. I guess if ya have an 18 foot and over boat it really helps to have these on. Thanks all.
    Bruce