Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Solar powered Batter Charger

bear down
    Any thoughts on this item. I saw one at Pep Boys for $69.99 that is made for Large RV's and Boats. Since there is so much sun at Havasu I figure one these bad boys should help keep my battery some what charged when I run my system. I will probably use it on the 2nd battery which is the one that is used when I am beached and have the radio on. Thanks for any and all information.

JetBoatRich
    Good question, I wanted to pick one for the same reason. Which one did you look at?

Hermosa
    Harbor Freight has one that is much cheaper, and it works for me. Get the largest one of the two they offer.

bear down
    JetBoatRich:
    Good question, I wanted to pick one for the same reason. Which one did you look at? Did not take a look and the specification of the charger. There were two available one for small batteries (i.e. motorcycles,atv's,jet ski's) and the other was for larger vehicles (i.e. RV's, Boats, Cars.) I believe the smaller one is a 2 watt and the larger is a 5 watt charger. I just wonder how effective they are while using the battery at the same time.

hoolign
    I asked this very same question last year.I figured I'd hook it up while the stereo was playin..sounded good to me,It got shot down for some reason,it's way to far back to go dig up,but I never did buy one.

bear down
    hoolign:
    I asked this very same question last year.I figured I'd hook it up while the stereo was playin..sounded good to me,It got shot down for some reason,it's way to far back to go dig up,but I never did buy one. Let's keep this thread going until our question is answered. Let's not let it die!.

NorCal Gameshow
    if it's a 5 watt system it won't be very effective while you are using it... 5 watts won't do much. i.e. 40 watt light bulb uses 40 watts

al cole'holic
    Bitchen dealio for flat bed trailers with battery powered winches, other than that its a hoax..

mickeyfinn
    It will make your battery last a little longer. They are great if you use 12 volt lights in an RV or something like that. Let batteries charge during the day while you are at the lake and have plenty of juice at nite so you can see to get to your beer.

Sangster
    Some of the Dragboats that run magento's use them as a trickle charger for there battery so they don't have to use an altenator to charge there battery..They disconnect them before starting the motors...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast