Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Our Government

summerlove
    It's so easy to cower behind a screen name and spew shit - if you don't like it here, then move your sorry ass to Iraq! We're the best country in the world and you all vent about how bad you have it! Poor me. I pay taxes. Government is bad, boo-hoo cry You sorry POS's don't have any idea! Revolution my ass! I pay my taxes (and ALOT of them!!!$$$) to have a place to live where I can voice my opinin (like your's), vote, pray, recreate, obtain an education past third grade, and enjoy the benefits and FREEDOM of the American way of life. Millions of people around the world envy our lifestyle, and you bag on it. How sorry is that? I hope you don't fly the American Flag or sing the National Anthem before a ball game, because if you do, you're a GD hipocrite! Screw You!

HavasuDreamin'
    78Eliminator:
    How about auditing where our tax money is spent? Wouldn't that be interesting! It would hold the politicians elected to office accountable for their actions. If they are caught lying, cheating, etc.....recall and boot them out. Right now there is NO accountability......so they all say what the masses want to hear until they get elected, then go about attending to their agenda.
    I say F#^K all career politicians. I feel for you peeps out in mexicali. I moved 5 years ago and don't have to deal with that sh*t any more. If I still lived there, I would be looking to move.
    Good Luck, and to the last legal citizen to move out of the state.......turn the lights out when you leave.

miller19j
    summerlove:
    It's so easy to cower behind a screen name and spew shit - if you don't like it here, then move your sorry ass to Iraq! We're the best country in the world and you all vent about how bad you have it! Poor me. I pay taxes. Government is bad, boo-hoo cry You sorry POS's don't have any idea! Revolution my ass! I pay my taxes (and ALOT of them!!!$$$) to have a place to live where I can voice my opinin (like your's), vote, pray, recreate, obtain an education past third grade, and enjoy the benefits and FREEDOM of the American way of life. Millions of people around the world envy our lifestyle, and you bag on it. How sorry is that? I hope you don't fly the American Flag or sing the National Anthem before a ball game, because if you do, you're a GD hipocrite! Screw You! I donÂ’t follow. We donÂ’t like the direction this country is going so we are not good Americans? This country was founded by people that wanted to improve on the status quo not just sit there. I never said that America is a bad place. I just think that we are heading down a road that is destructive. I am very proud to be an American but that does not mean this place couldnÂ’t use some improvement.
    We were founded on a principle of less obtrusive government. Now we seem to be going the other direction and making more government.

78Eliminator
    summerlove:
    Screw You! Yeah, man. Good idea. Just let the government take care of you. Be complacent as your rights are slowly stripped away. Where YOU belong is back in England in the 1700s. I bet you would have been pissed at the people who were fleeing to America. You would have participated in lynch mobs I'm sure, screaming that they have it so good in England.
    People with your mindset did not found America, it was founded by radicals.
    I know we have it good, but why just stop at that? Do you really think things are optimized? DonÂ’t you think we have a lot of work to do? DonÂ’t you think that auditing our tax money would be a wise move? Don't you think that spreading this kind of "buzz" is "American"?
    Screw me? No thanks. Just bend over and take from the IRS like you like it.

Boozer
    78Eliminator:
    summerlove:
    Screw You! Yeah, man. Good idea. Just let the government take care of you. Be complacent as your rights are slowly stripped away. Where YOU belong is back in England in the 1700s. I bet you would have been pissed at the people who were fleeing to America. You would have participated in lynch mobs I'm sure, screaming that they have it so good in England.
    I know we have it good, but why just stop at that? Do you really think things are optimized? DonÂ’t you think we have a lot of work to do? DonÂ’t you think that auditing our tax money would be a wise move? Don't you think that spreading this kind of "buzz" is "American"?
    Screw me? No thanks. Just bend over and take from the IRS like you like it. So how would we go about making the government go through spending audits? I think it is constitutional and it is something that we should technically be allowed to do but what steps would we take to get this initiated?

summerlove
    Miller:
    The quote that started this entire thread talked about assisinating people! 78 Eliminator was proposing storming the White House - I realize he wasn't really gonna do it, but My god, I couldn't believe what I had read. You're comments were not nearly as bad, but they were still very critical. Are there opportunities to improve - absolutely! Can government do a better job? Hell yes! Can corporate America treat their customers better? Without hesitation! Should we, as proposed by 78 Elim " I would rather run THEM out of California. I want to nail all their dead bodies up to their garages like Bennito Mussolini. " I don't think so.
    Should our employees be spared the most basic of benefits - health insurance - according to you, yes! My comments were directed more at 78Elim than anyone else - i just think some jumped before looking.
    To 78 Eliminator:
    Yeah, man. Good idea. Just let the government take care of you.
    I am in a position to take care of myself, thank you.
    Be complacent as your rights are slowly stripped away. I am anything but complacent. I vote each and every election and I am involved in my community.
    Where YOU belong is back in England in the 1700s.
    I said EUROPE, not England
    I bet you would have been pissed at the people who were fleeing to America. I wouldn't know, but I do know my grandfather had to run away from communism as a young boy and he fled to America for a better quality of life - leaving his family behind, never to see them again.
    People with your mindset did not found America, it was founded by radicals. Radicals like you that propose to storm the White House? You're right, I don't want any of your radicalism! However, I do support fully what our Founding fathers did and am grateful every day for the life I am privilaged to live because I was born an American.
    I know we have it good, but why just stop at that? Do you really think things are optimized? DonÂ’t you think we have a lot of work to do? DonÂ’t you think that auditing our tax money would be a wise move? Don't you think that spreading this kind of "buzz" is "American"? I believe that the ballot box is the proper place to voice your displeasure with the politicans of your government, be it local, state or Federal.
    Screw me? No thanks. Just bend over and take from the IRS like you like it. I didn't say I liked it - I believe that my taxes help provide for the basic services we, as Americans have come to expect. Without taxes, there'd be no police, no fire protection, no Defense Department, inadequate roads, just add anything you like, and w/o taxes, it wouldn't exist.
    Was my Screw You comment too harsh, maybe to the others on this post, but not to you 78Elim. Unfortunately, you deserved it. When I deserve it, you may pay me back, and I'll take it like a man. I just think you spoke and said a few things that were way off base and now you can't back off and say you really didn't mean them.

summerlove
    Boozer:
    78Eliminator:
    summerlove:
    Screw me? No thanks. Just bend over and take from the IRS like you like it. So how would we go about making the government go through spending audits? I think it is constitutional and it is something that we should technically be allowed to do but what steps would we take to get this initiated? Governments are required to be audited every year. You can find an audit by asking the govt agency for it.

78Eliminator
    summerlove:
    Governments are required to be audited every year. You can find an audit by asking the govt agency for it. Well, that statement just proved that you are not worth debating any longer.
    That and the fact that you really think I want to storm the white house and/or nail anyone to a garage door. I am just frustrated and was voicing my opinion and seeking out other opinions. I thank you for yours.
    Good luck to you.

Boozer
    Ask a GOVT Agenct for a GOVT audit and I'm sure that audit is performed by who else? The GOVT.
    Which is funny because the IRS isnt even the government but rather a private company hired by the government to collect taxes.

summerlove
    78Eliminator:
    summerlove:
    Governments are required to be audited every year. You can find an audit by asking the govt agency for it. Well, that statement just proved that you are not worth debating any longer.
    That and the fact that you really think I want to storm the white house and/or nail anyone to a garage door. I am just frustrated and was voicing my opinion and seeking out other opinions. I thank you for yours.
    Good luck to you. If you read my post, you'll notice I said I really didn't think you meant it, duh - I recognized frustration, but to say what you said, that came form you brain, not mine. I think it was a little over the top. That's all. When I f-up, I'll admit it. Here, and anywhere.
    Why is my reply to Boozer so bad? It was a statement of fact. Most governmental agencies, if they have any debt or bonds, are required by the bonding agencies to be audited to ensure the bonds/debt can be repaid. Most public agencies, including the State of California, has issued bonds - have you ever voted for one as a statewide proposition???? In addition, many public agencies have policies in place that require audits to show that they are within budget and that the tax dollars are being spent wisely and in accordance with the rules and policies of the agency as well as the laws of the state or federal government. My brush may have been a little to wide, but as far as I know most public agencies conduct annual financial audits. If there are some that operate under the radar, then I am sorry for the misinformation.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast