Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 03 dodge lift???

Phat_Kat
    I just got a new dodge 1500 short bed quad cab yesterday and I'm quite pleased with it overal. No pics yet but I'll get some. The one thing that really gets me, besides the Hemi , is the ride. It's sooo smooth and comfortable. I don't like trucks quite as low as this one and I was wondering if there is a lift out there that will meet or beat the ride quality of the stock setup.
    Thanks

BajaMike
    I haven't heard of any lift kit for the new Dodge, but I would bet that any lift kit you add is going to hurt that smoothe ride. It will also hurt you towing ability. Are you going to tow with that truck? Do you know what the tow rating is? I'm thinking about getting a new truck and I sure like the looks of the Dodge quad cab.
    Mike

Phat_Kat
    BajaMike:
    I haven't heard of any lift kit for the new Dodge, but I would bet that any lift kit you add is going to hurt that smoothe ride. It will also hurt you towing ability. Are you going to tow with that truck? Do you know what the tow rating is? I'm thinking about getting a new truck and I sure like the looks of the Dodge quad cab.
    Mike I don't plan on doing much towing really. I just want a little more hieght for a better overal appearence.

Hermosa
    I like that truck also, and I'm looking at them at Frahm Dodge, Mrs. Boatnam gave me the hook-up with the fleet manager, they have the best prices and inventory from what I have seen. Anyhow, getting back to the question, if I got the 2WD, I would want to drop the back down a little, so it's level, maybe add bags for towing... I don't know. Raised up would be nice, but I'm thinking lower and level. Any imput???

Phat_Kat
    Hermosa:
    I like that truck also, and I'm looking at them at Frahm Dodge, Mrs. Boatnam gave me the hook-up with the fleet manager, they have the best prices and inventory from what I have seen. Anyhow, getting back to the question, if I got the 2WD, I would want to drop the back down a little, so it's level, maybe add bags for towing... I don't know. Raised up would be nice, but I'm thinking lower and level. Any imput??? I'd jack up the front and supercharge that engine. It already throws in you in the seat really good but why not go for a little more

Phat_Kat
    Forensic:
    Try this site... http://performancelifts.com/cgi-bin/cart/CST20024.html I kinda got dizzy but are they basically saying that they can hold the stock ride on the 6"?

missboatnams boy has a new 2003 1500 2wd with a 8 inch lift and 35's.it rides pretty good he got mudders so the tire creates a little vibration.dont know of many lifts that improve ride though.his lift was done by custom motor sports in corona they make the lift themselves.

Phat_Kat
    boatnam2:
    missboatnams boy has a new 2003 1500 2wd with a 8 inch lift and 35's.it rides pretty good he got mudders so the tire creates a little vibration.dont know of many lifts that improve ride though.his lift was done by custom motor sports in corona they make the lift themselves. thans for the info. Is the ride pretty equal to the stock one though?

blownmoney
    i've got a 5.5 fabtech on my 98 dodge and the ride is great..obviously it dosent corner like it did at stock height, but other than that the ride is great, i'm sure fabtech makes a lift for the 03-04 model

Boozer
    My ladies step dad is one of the head fabricators for fab-tech. If you want me to check I can see if they have a kit that'll fit your truck in the works and find out when it'll be done. If anyone knows when it'll be done he'll be the guy because he's the guy that fabricates all of their lifts.
    Probably can't get you a brake on price though. He wouldn't even give her the hook up on a lift for her suburban.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast