Thread: CONVERT?????

Phat_Kat
    I want to do a jet version of my current O/B boat because 1:It will look incredible and 2:Having "twins" would be cool. Since the Sleekcraft SST is virtually impossible to find in the O/B version and the jet version is nearly no existant I was wondering if converting an O/B to a jet was reasonable. Maybe reasonable is the wrong term maybe more like..... is it more work than it's worth or is it fairly simple. I'm talking conversions because I feel that I can find an O/B within a year or 2 and that a jet would take 3-5 years to find. Just to let you know how much I want to do this it's an 8 on a scale of 1-10. Thanks.

HighRoller
    Finally someone with some sense!!!

Tom Brown
    Why don't you just stay off the throttle on your outboard, keep the speed down, and pretend it's a jet?

Phat_Kat
    well the jet makes more noise and has that big tail

Blown 472
    Tom Brown:
    Why don't you just stay off the throttle on your outboard, keep the speed down, and pretend it's a jet? Mix oil with your gas, kill off the fish, make everyone stink like premix, yeah I can see the advantage of an ob.

XLGPP
    Why don't you just stay off the throttle on your outboard, keep the speed down, and pretend it's a jet? ROTF LMFAO! and I dont even like Jets or O/B's

Screaming Pete
    Tom Brown:
    Why don't you just stay off the throttle on your outboard, keep the speed down, and pretend it's a jet? Tom, or how aboutjust go ahead a stop at all the gas docks if you need fuel or not and just by some of the BB/Jet guys fuel bacause you like thier tail

HavasuDreamin'
    I would keep your boat as is and look for a SST jet.........in other words, it is more work than it is worth. I have seen the SST Jets around in the So. Cal. Boat trader. In fact there was a project SST Jet for sale in the Just Jets section about 4-5 months ago. Don't know what happend to it?

hoolign
    Tom Brown:
    Why don't you just stay off the throttle on your outboard, keep the speed down, and pretend it's a jet? easy there!