Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hot boat magazine

ezstriper
    I've read several post about ***boat magazine, mostly negative, I know a lot of you guys are out
    west and a lot of you subscribe but there are a lot of us on the east coast that are in to fast shit too. around here sherlock holmes coud'nt find a copy of ***boat, I used to read it years ago when I worked on a comp hydro drag boat. it looks like they need to work on circulation on the east, could be good for business ! Rob...

JetBoatRich
    I like the magazine, sure they show the bigger boats and I probably can't buy one anytime soon. But they put some great pictures in and sometimes even good tech tips.

Mandelon
    They need to work on circulation in the West too amigo.. That rag is so hard to find. Even at West Marine, where they sell every other boat magazine, Hot Boat is MIA.
    Why?????

JetBoatRich
    Mandelon:
    They need to work on circulation in the West too amigo.. That rag is so hard to find. Even at West Marine, where they sell every other boat magazine, Hot Boat is MIA.
    Why????? They want you to subscribe?

HammerDown
    My local corner store only gets about 6 issues a month...thats where I read mine.
    I use to subscribe, but not any more.

sandblasted
    JetBoatRich:
    I like the magazine, sure they show the bigger boats and I probably can't buy one anytime soon. But they put some great pictures in and sometimes even good tech tips. Rich, I have to agree, as much as I bitch when they have too many "speed yachts"! There is not another rag out there that covers our boating scene...
    Still, I wish they would focus more on real "hotrod" boats and not just the $100,000 boats most people can't afford...

bigq
    sandblasted:
    JetBoatRich:
    I like the magazine, sure they show the bigger boats and I probably can't buy one anytime soon. But they put some great pictures in and sometimes even good tech tips. Rich, I have to agree, as much as I bitch when they have too many "speed yachts"! There is not another rag out there that covers our boating scene...
    Still, I wish they would focus more on real "hotrod" boats and not just the $100,000 boats most people can't afford... If people can't afford them then why do I see so many 80k to over a 100k boats at the show? Seems like if they were selling the 30 to 40k boats I would see more of those.

Kilrtoy
    I think they will be back to the small shit soon, The economy is starting to tank and all those high end boats will become less and less. Remember when the dot com tanked and all the young kids lost their 100k rides and boats. Well this time its hitting everyone hard.

Skaterfast
    Kilrtoy:
    I think they will be back to the small shit soon, The economy is starting to tank and all those high end boats will become less and less. Remember when the dot com tanked and all the young kids lost their 100k rides and boats. Well this time its hitting everyone hard. I'm sure that the boats and the economy are rising as we speak.People in general need to take a vacation,remodel your home,go buy a car,purchase a new home.Go live life and stop worrying about the economy.If we did this then we would all be better off.

Mandelon
    Does a magaizine make more at newstands or by subscription?
    I know the bulk of their money comes from advertisers, but without a large circulation there would be no ads....
    Cover price is $4.99. A yearly subscription at $26.95 drops that to $2.25 per issue. And you get the $5.00 worth of T-shirt. Some of the rack magazines come back unsold......
    Why are they so hard to find??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast