Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ANYONE REMEMBER THESE????

mickeyfinn
    When we were kids we used to have water rockets. These were hard plastic white bodies with a red capsule. You filled them with water and clipped them into a hand held launcher that had a piston you pumped up and then pulled the trigger to launch. I guess maybe the lawyers killed these toys too. I can see where it would be possible to get hurt although we never did. Was looking in the local wal-mart for one for my kids and couldn't find them anywhere. Anyone else remember what I'm talking about?

Mandelon
    Yep. I had one. My kid has something similar now. But of course it is......safer. Nerf Foam on the end, but it flies high enough to land on the neighbors' roofs with alarming regularity!

Cas
    sure do, they were a lot of fun! Last time I saw them they were at a "store" at a flea market.
    Here's something that my kids had a lot of fun with too.

there's all kinds of stuff at this site Things you never knew existed
    [ October 19, 2003, 08:34 AM: Message edited by: Cas ]

FletchMonster
    Yep, I had one too. Mandatory equipment for the summer!

Cas
    this is one that's a ton of fun with kids and drunk friends

Cas
    and here's a little item that's a real kick!

Gag Lottery Tickets Bag Of 2
    $10,000 "instant winners" go from ecstasy to red-faced embarrassment in seconds. Scratch off tickets are so realistic looking that when they scratch 'em they really think they've won the big bucks. The fun starts when they read the fine print & find out they're really instant losers! Set of 2. Ticket styles may vary, our choice please.

Cas
    Shazaam, here ya go
    Water Rockets

mickeyfinn
    Cool....thanks a bunch. I searched high and low on google. Found one that looked real similar but that is the one. Guess I'll order the kids a few of them now. I knew someone here would find them if they could be found.

Infomaniac
    I had those
    There are some real high tech models now that you can build. Do a search for water rockets on any search engine.

Liberator TJ1984
    Take a piece of 10" pipe about 12' long and lay it at an angle of your target... wink
    drop in a full oxygen bottle to where the valve is just sticking out at the bottom , take a sledge hammer and knock the valve off eek!
    closest thing I ever seen next to NASA engineering
    Disclaimer; I am not responsible for anyone trying this at home nor is this a good idea but I have seen it done on a offshore platform by Roughnecks
    Gopherrr

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast