Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Will gas price affect your boating?

I'm curious as to everyone's view on gas prices. If gas prices reach the $3.00+ per gallon range which is predicted for the summer, how will it affect the amount you take your boat out?
    >>>edit 3/5/2004 just bumping back to the top to see the views a year later... (post started 3/13/03)

Sleek-Jet
    I was going to build a higher compression engine this spring, but I'm going to knock that back a point or two so I can burn regular instead of premium (or even avgas) wink
    Even at $3 a gallon, boating is relatively cheap entertainment for the weekend. Probably won't be making to many big trips this year though, will just stay local most of the time.
    [ March 13, 2003, 07:04 PM: Message edited by: Sleek-Jet ]

Stupid Fast
    I am hoping to do more boaing this summer.
    Mabey, just mabey it will be less crowded.

mbrown2
    Rexone, you missed an option...."You Plan to Boat the Same, but Float More while Boating"...that would be my choice...increase float factor, decrease speed runs....just a tad.

Jesse James
    $3 per gallon puts me at about $900 per weekend but considering we only get about 16 weekends. Thats not terrible but it will make me think about running back and forth to pick people up.

Havasu Luvr
    It will not slow me down at all. I just need to find more friends to chip in on the cost. yuk River Babes ride for Free

Foss75
    That puts me at about $500 per weekend trip. A little more expensive than I would like, but it won't stop me from going out. I agree with mbrown's method of conservation.

HCS
    I always go boating as much as possible. F the gas prices, all cut back somewhere else. Even though it does kill the budget sometimes.
    Drinking at the bar doesn't sound bad either. wink

Mandelon
    Gas is cheaper than bar cocktails...$3.00 gallon compared to $3.00 an ounce!! eek!

hd&boatrider
    Won't change my ways one friggin' bit. I look forward to boating too much but hope that it will keep some people off the lakes. Actually, just less congestion around the ramps is all I want.
    Bring on the warm weather...I am ready!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast