Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Queston for Boatcop, or others

Danhercules
    I was in Laughlin this past weekend. A buddy and I were heading down river and got stopped by a line of Sea-Doo cops. They pulled us to the side to Big Bend(?) camp ground. They were doing a safty/ sobriity(sp?) check. I got tested and passed cause I drink Odouls on the water. I did get a ticket for not through coushin. I did check before left the house but it must have blown out. I deserve the ticket no question there. My buddy got the same ticket, ( he did not know he needed one). The tickets are from Navada -Division of Wildlife. Out violatons are the same on the ticket, but mines is for $82.00 and his is $52.00. WTF? My buddy was 20 ft away and I mentiond it to the officer, ( by the way, I did not throw any attitude, I just asked why) He said it might be a Arizona cop giving him a ticket, it was not, he was a NV. Any suggestions???

Danhercules
    Bumpity bump bump.

Ziggy
    Make a copy of his ticket, showing date, time, violation number and send them the check for $52. with that copy and yours. You'd find out soon enough if they'll correct it or not.
    Thats what I'd do, but what do I know

Moneypitt
    Where do these violations come from? A throw cushin? I know you must have PFD for all aboard, but a throw cushin. Also I hear about flame arresters, (air filters), what boats CAN'T run a standard ol' air cleaner, or none at all. Are these laws for a certain type of, or over a minimum size, inclosed engine compartment etc. I must be living in a cave, I've never had any of the above, or been asked about them by the rangers,/boat cops I've ran into here in Ca.

Moneypitt
    How about a link to this info, real laws and requirements......Thanks

Kilrtoy
    Yes you need the throw cushion. Its in the boating ABC's in all three states...

VillainDave
    I would like to know if it's the state that comes up with the price of the ticket or is it just what ever pops into the cops head!!!!

Danhercules
    Looks like what ever he wants to skim off the top!!!! Just kidding, There is a mistake somewhere, he double checked his sheet, and he thought he was right. Maybe I should go and fight it in person, that means I would have to go to Laughlin again!!! idea

BP1330
    Sorry about the ticket. But the throwable is a USCG regulation. I will try to get a link tomorrow from work for every one here that will take you to all the requirements for your boats. They do change by size so it can get kinda confusing.

TroubIeOnWater
    Those throwables are like $9 and IMO a damn good thing to have. Especially if your in CO and your friends are all morons that don't know how to swim. I gotta say that like 65% of the people I know here dont know how to swim. WTF??? Parents should teach their kids to swim!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast