Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hot Boat editing?

GasTurbine
    Anybody else notice all the errors and typos in the magazine?
    In this monthÂ’s magazine, on page 22, the writers response to a letter states "Increased transom lift causes the noise of the boat to run deeper...".
    And on page 45, the last paragraph of the third column, “One word about Thunderbird’s upholstery work, installed in-house at their Indiana facil-“ goes nowhere after that.
    And then on page 95, in the middle of the first paragraph under “18’ Sleekcraft”, it says “The engine had a bend rod, and was rebuilt…”
    Now donÂ’t get me wrong, I love the magazine, but I see this on a regular basis. I would think someone would sit down and read/edit a national magazine publication before release.
    Oh wellÂ…IÂ’ll get of my box now. boxed
    [ February 18, 2003, 06:42 AM: Message edited by: GasTurbine ]

JetBoatRich
    We all make mistakes on our post from time to time. wink
    Oh wait they do this for a living eek! I would expect a little more from them idea

HammerDown
    All right Hot Boat Mag...I'm looking for new work...I'll do it.

MANIC MECHANIC
    I'm amazed that after all these years, they still have never figured out how to spell the word VANES (in reference to jetpumps)! They still call them VEINS. Tim

MANIC MECHANIC
    I'm amazed that after all these years, they still have never figured out how to spell the word VANES (in reference to jetpumps)! They still call them VEINS. Tim

Kilrtoy
    The only thing they know how to edit is the "PINK"

hot_diggity_dog
    The only thing they know how to edit is the "PINK" And that isn't right!
    Skin to win
    HDD

skeepwerkzaz
    I am constantly amazed at the material that makes it past "editors." Maybe it has something to do with the fact that they all seem to be named Ed.......
    Skeep

HOOTER SLED-
    GasTurbine:
    Anybody else notice all the errors and typos in the magazine?
    In this monthÂ’s magazine, on page 22, the writers response to a letter states "Increased transom lift causes the noise of the boat to run deeper...".
    And on page 45, the last paragraph of the third column, “One word about Thunderbird’s upholstery work, installed in-house at their Indiana facil-“ goes nowhere after that.
    And then on page 95, in the middle of the first paragraph under “18’ Sleekcraft”, it says “The engine had a bend rod, and was rebuilt…”
    Now donÂ’t get me wrong, I love the magazine, but I see this on a regular basis. I would think someone would sit down and read/edit a national magazine publication before release.
    Oh wellÂ…IÂ’ll get of my box now. boxed That's because they are on here trying to edit out all the X rated stuff. HAHA. Where are all the sandbar shots. Show me obscenities mannnnn!! LOL

Seadog
    The skills needed for a good editor are sadly ignored anymore. I edit a trade magazine that I am chair of and I can tell you that it takes a focused mindset to do right. With the demands for multitasking nowadays, it is hard to concentrate on every nuance. I was part of a focus group for our local paper and the main gripe we had was the poor editing and distorted facts. A few weks later they are all over the focus group discussion they had. Catch was, they brought in a different focus group that told a different story.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast