Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Higher Gas Prices and Boating

Lakemead1
    Just curious, it cost me 40$ to fill up the tahoe yesterday - I calculate it will cost me $105 to fill the boat.
    With gas prices being where they are, and probably going higher, are you cutting back on the amount of boating this summer?

Mandelon
    I'm just going to raise my prices for my customers. Workers comp is up, liability rates are way up, Office rent, vehicle expenses ....everything.
    Its sad to pass the buck, but what else can you do??? Can't go boating less!!
    I guess I could really degrade myself and get an outboard!!!

1stepcloser
    I imagine I'll still go out as much, but probably spend a little less time on the water.
    Spend more time floating than cruising...

HotHallet
    My right foot probably won't get as much exercise as it did last summer while ripping down the river but I am not about to cut down on trips. Probably just do a little more floating and sitting in coves than last season.I usually run most of the day between 3,200-3,500 rpm so I am not sucking tons of fuel. My induction set up also does not consume a S-load of gas so i think I will be alright. I will just be more cautious on budgeting for trips.

cyclone
    not cutting back on the the trips or how fast i go while i'm on the water. I wait all year long for this shit and i'd rather eat PB&J sandwiches than cut back on my boating fun.

Skaterfast
    Maybe a little more time pulled up on the beach ,but I doubt it.Even if it were $4.00 a gallon I would still put 25 or 30 gallons in and make it last 2 or 3 days.

25 Eagle
    I have to fill up on the lake, at least .30-.50 higher. We do save by not having to tow, so maybe it's a wash.

LakesOnly
    First, Venzuela's oil workers are on strike; then, as of Last Friday, I understand Nigeria oil workers went on strike (50% of Nigeria's oil goes to the U.S.); and if we invade Iraq, gas prices, well.... jawdrop
    And in California, there will be a 100% phase-out of MTBE in a couple of months and the oil companies claim that this will temporarilay increase prices.
    Hopefully when these events are ironed out, things will return to as they were.
    LO
    [ February 18, 2003, 07:51 PM: Message edited by: LakesOnly ]

LakesOnly
    (oops...accidental post)
    [ February 18, 2003, 07:51 PM: Message edited by: LakesOnly ]

hot_diggity_dog
    I'll Launch at the marina and idle over to the channel and then go back, wink
    $5.00 bucks.
    Yah right!! yuk
    No matter what they charge us, we will go as fast as we can, and burn a lot of fuel, it will just cost us more. yuk yuk
    Just my .02 ooops now its my .35 wink
    Things are going up.
    HDD

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast