Thread: Anchor Shade Umbrella

Nubbs
    I was at the sandbar Saturday and seen this guy had an umbrella in his boat. Being the nosey (sp)guy I am, I had to check it out. It was a square umbrella that had a single pole in the middle. The pole rested on the floor of the boat and each corner of the umbrella was strapped to the cleats on the hull. I thought it was a pretty trick way to get some shade for those that don't want or have a bimini. So, I guess my question is...does anybody have any experience with one? Good? Bad? Wheres a good place to get one?
    Thanks
    Nubbs
    wink

hot_diggity_dog
    Awesome shade, I think $200.00 at Overton's
    HDD

Blown 472
    I have one and love it, you can idle with it up but no wot, some peeps on the lake saw mine and bought them.

SLOWMAN
    I have one and I use for the open bow of the boat. Works great!!!! I wouldn't run with it though, either in the cockpit or the bow area. West Marine $200.00..

Dave C
    I got one. I like it for portable shade. I don't like shade but I have to have one for the little kiddies on a hot day

bq966
    Bought mine a month ago. Very quick and easy to setup and take down. It folds down just like an umbrella and it has a condom that you can slip it into and toss it in the cuddy for storage. I got mine on sale from West Marine for 150 bucks. I saw the exact same thing last night at boaters world, but made by someone else for $149.99. Both looked like it was made from the same material and were 6'x6'.

summerlove
    I've had one for about 10 years. It is awesome. They used to sell a sleeve with a "screw" in it. You could screw the sleeve into the sand and then insert the anchor shade, and voila, a great beach umbrella! I don't think they make the sleeve any longer - it even came with a small table that fit over sleeve and had 4 drink holders - very cool. I would recommend the anchor shade anytime!

summerlove
    Here it is...

VillainDave
    I just ordered one a few days ago!

eaglemtnlaketx
    They're great. It covers the whole interior on my Liberator. I added suction cups to the end of the straps so I can could hold it in place. I have no cleats or anything to tie to.