Thread: What does your ramp look like?

Tom Brown
    This is where I launch my boat. It has become quite popular lately. I haven't been to the lake in a few weeks but the last time I was there a couple of trailers were parked in a field nearby.

AZKC
    This one of the ramps we launch at. This is taken from the top. that little blue spec is my boat. Water levels are a little low here in AZ
    [img]http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/509/57Roosevelt_7-27-030003-med.jpg[/img]
    KC
    [ August 10, 2003, 05:10 PM: Message edited by: AZKC ]

MagicMtnDan
    Katherine's Landing (Lake Mojave/Mohave)

MagicMtnDan:
    Katherine's Landing (Lake Mojave/Mohave)
    And that looks like an off season day too. frown

Tom Brown
    Hey Mike,
    If you ever leave the office long enough to find out if you still own a truck and a boat, consider aiming your rig north.
    This picture was taken on the busiest weekend of the year. There were quite a few boats on the lake this day (I'd say about 15), they just aren't in this picture. There's only about a mile of lake in this shot but Katepwa is about 11 miles long and, as I posted before, it connects to another lake.
    By the way, this is a real road... known as the Balcares grid. That stuff on the left is grass, and I think that stuff to the right is flax. I have a hard time telling the difference between flax and winter wheat at a glance.
    I love the hissing sound of grain blowing in the wind and the smell of pollen and grain dust in the air. There wasn't much hissing on this day, though. Oh yeah, this isn't a good place for people who suffer from hay fever. We live in a world of hay.
    [Edit:]
    There is a boat in this shot, if you look at the left side of the frame. I remember hearing several boats, though. The lake was far from deserted.

[ August 10, 2003, 06:36 PM: Message edited by: Tom Brown ]

Tom Brown
    Just so you folks don't get the wrong impression...
    There are four boats in this frame. They're tough to see at this resolution but they're there. That point on the left is the main beach. There are probably another 4-6 boats there too. The beach itself probably had 40-50 people hanging around. It was a busy summer weekend.

Kim Hanson
    Cool pictures Tom, thats why I like Canada, trees, large bodies of water, fields of Rape and Wheat!
    That boat launch looks wild though......( . )( . )......

Seadog
    [img]http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/23tracker-med.jpg[/img]
    Behind the bimini is my 'launch ramp'
    [ August 11, 2003, 09:09 AM: Message edited by: Seadog ]