Thread: OSO Website?

baja232
    Read in some post here that there is a website referenced to OSO that talks alot about bajas. Can anyone tell me the address. This is also a great site by the way. Looking forward to hanging around here.

LHC30Victory
    Here it is:
    http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/index.php?s=
    They are generally east coast members, but friendly and informative.

baja232
    Thanks!!!

carbonmarine
    A better site : www.Fastboats.info
    ** They wont charge you to participate, post or see your own pictures...Its all voluntary and paid for by sponsors.
    Rick32

buck183
    carbonmarine:
    A better site : www.Fastboats.info
    ** They wont charge you to participate, post or see your own pictures...Its all voluntary and paid for by sponsors.
    Rick32 Those would be the cons of OSO...here are the pros.
    Hands down, the best performance boating site going. No other sites have as much collective knowledge as the people on that board.
    Your opinion matters even if you're not from the West Coast.
    Just because your boat has freeboard doesn't mean you don't matter.
    Kinda cracks me up when people gripe about having to pay for some of the privelages there. For my $20 a year I get A LOT. This coming from people that spend an average of 100k on their toys and then gripe about a membership fee of $20.
    Buck
    [ September 14, 2003, 07:58 PM: Message edited by: buck183 ]

Havasu Hangin'
    buck183:
    Kinda cracks me up when people gripe about having to pay for some of the privelages there. For my $20 a year I get A LOT. This coming from people that spend an average of 100k on their toys and then gripe about a membership fee of $20.Well Buck...I don't think it's the money that irks me. For $20/year, I would support a grass roots board that is run as a community. My gripe with the fees is that they are making the members pay, and selling advertising space- the two collide.
    Also, the "board gods" are not very customer-friendly (yes, we are all customers once we pay). The "if you don't like it, go somewhere else" speech is getting a little old.
    Since I used to sell web services, I also have some insight as to what the operating costs are- you'd be surprised.
    I remember when I first joined there in 2001...the traffic was very heavy. It's not the same site it was a few years ago. Too many other (free) choices out there.
    It's not bad...but not your only option (like it used to be).

572Daytona
    Also most of the content and knowledge sharing is contributed by the paying members and not by the staff. If they had their own professional staff answering tech questions that might be another matter. I got kind of miffed that I couldn't even view my own poker run pictures that I took the time to take, photo enhance and then post on their site. I won't happen again.
    I guess I live on the wrong part of the east coast as well as my toys don't cost anywhere near 100K. I guess we are all just poor folks on Hot Boat.