Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kids Make Us Proud

JetBoatRich
    Give kids something to look forward to and they con succeed. My son is a good kid, but was having trouble at school, usually stuff talking in class, didn't like all the assignments, etc. Private schools are not always easy and can be a little more demanding on kids, but can be good for them.
    Well I told him he does good in school he gets a MotorCycle, if he continues he can even ride it.
    It really seemed to work, was I surprised last night when I got home from work. He received 4 awards from school 2 merit awards, MOST IMPROVED STUDENT and Student of the Month with the bumper sticker to back it up.
    For those who know me personally, probably know my son and he is a good kid. He checks out these post from time to time so:
    CONGRATULATIONS LITTLE JETBOATRICH

[ June 05, 2003, 07:09 AM: Message edited by: JetBoatRich ]

PussyPusher
    CONGRATS LITTLE BUDDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Holland
    That is very cool Rich... Congrats!!!!!!!
    I did the same with my son and he came home with the same. Student of the month and he also recieved an award for highest reading level obtained. The district gave him an award and a coupon for a free meal at Black Angus...
    Feels great, huh Rich!
    Bob

JetBoatRich
    It does feel good, he received a coupon for two different pizza places in town. Guess he wants pizza for dinner tonight wink

Infomaniac
    I hold grades over this guy's head so he can continue to race BMX.
    If he wants to go drag boat riding he has to help wrench. This does not require anything. He is more than willing to help.
    [img]http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/504/211Wednesday.jpg[/img]

Cole
    keep up the good work

hot_diggity_dog
    Congrat's on the good parenting job JBR.
    I told my son if he did good in High School, he could have the 29 DCB w/Twin peto motor's when he turns 18. eek!
    Oh Shit I don't have kids that was Charley. wink LOL
    HDD

LUVNLIFE
    Congratulations JBR AND LittleRich! That's great - gotta make ya feel good! I'm not there yet, but I am sure we'll have problems with Kiara in school, she NEVER stops talking.
    Jen

Ziggy
    Congrats Little JetBoatRich!!! Very cool.
    It worked for me many years ago too, worked for my son who's now 20 and luckily my daughter doesn't need the incentive but has all the toys anyhow

JetBoatRich
    Thanks for all the comments, I will share them with Little Rich when I get home.
    Any of you that will be at the lake Sunday, he will be glad to see you.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast