Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Home Theater Systems

Havasu Hangin'
    mbrown2:
    ...its hard to see the difference, but you know its there and you feel better about it. Man, where were you when I was selling software...

Slick
    John,
    nobody has asked the question... What are you looking to spend on speakers?

mbrown2
    Havasu Hangin':
    mbrown2:
    ...its hard to see the difference, but you know its there and you feel better about it. Man, where were you when I was selling software... I am an IT guy, and I only let Procurement do negotiating for Company buys after I have folks make sure it meets our our needs....you could have probably sold me anything...I get to play good cop and make sure it meets our functional requirements, and then I let the procurement guys beat them up on price...

Hermosa
    For a NICE home installation, call Brent Wiseman at DSI Entertainment Systems 818-906-9940. I love their installations, very clean and nice, all the good stuff.

Tom Brown
    I think the JM Labs Cobalt 816 is one of the best values in the audio industry.
    I wouldn't spend a ton of money on speaker cable. It's nice to have decent cable with nice flexible silicone jacket but as the cable size gets larger, the capacitance tends to increase. There is not a direct relationship between wire gauge and sound quality. Just keep the wire neat and short (don't coil up a bunch of extra). Don't waste your money on fancy cable unless you plan to impress chicks with your wire.

SUPERCREWJOHN
    Slick:
    John,
    nobody has asked the question... What are you looking to spend on speakers? I was hoping to get buy with about 2K. I already dropped 900 on the amp for the Denon-1082 with 7 channels. Part of the project will be to run a secondary set of speakers t my patio area, but that I will be doing later.

ROZ
    John,
    What do you want to know?
    You can call me at 760-305-6147 direct, 760-305-6120 office (ask for Chris), or 877-525-8022 toll free. I'd be glad to answer any questions you may have.
    Do you have the AVR3802/03 or higher?
    How big is the room?
    New construction or remodel?
    Ideas about speaker placement?
    Ideas on electronics placement?
    Towers and/or bookshelf speakers? (towers = furniture)
    In-wall speakers?
    Do you want to utilize your Multi-Zone? If so, where? Now?
    Are you interested in a dedicated system for home theater, and a seperate whole house/property system?
    Do you have a budget?
    Home theater lines I stock: Denon, Yamaha, Niles, Elan, Mirage, Boston Acoustics, Monster Cable, B and K, Sonus Faber, Klipsch, Rel, Vienna Acoustics, Pioneer Elite, and Sony ES.
    We have custom home installation available in your area....Pasadena... Currently, the closest store I have to you is in Chino.
    There are many options available to you. If I happen to stock the gear that you want, I'd be glad to extend the "brodeal" to you. BUT there is no obligation if it's just info you're after. No worries.
    Chris "ROZ"mus
    If it matters, here's what I have going into my "Home Theater":
    Denon AVR3803:
    (6)Boston Acoustics in-wall/ceiling:
    Boston VR910 center Channel:
    Rel Subwoofer:
    Sony DVPNC680 300 disc dvd
    Multi-zones:
    All bedrooms and hallway (all stereo image speakers except master), dining area, kitchen, and patio and pool/spa area(1st to go in). All run at 1 gang keypad boxes to an 8 zone receiver.

SUPERCREWJOHN
    ROZ:
    John,
    What do you want to know?
    You can call me at 760-305-6147 direct, 760-305-6120 office (ask for Chris), or 877-525-8022 toll free. I'd be glad to answer any questions you may have.
    Do you have the AVR3802/03 or higher?
    How big is the room?
    New construction or remodel?
    Ideas about speaker placement?
    Ideas on electronics placement?
    Towers and/or bookshelf speakers? (towers = furniture)
    In-wall speakers?
    Do you want to utilize your Multi-Zone? If so, where? Now?
    Are you interested in a dedicated system for home theater, and a seperate whole house/property system?
    Do you have a budget?
    Home theater lines I stock: Denon, Yamaha, Niles, Elan, Mirage, Boston Acoustics, Monster Cable, B and K, Sonus Faber, Klipsch, Rel, Vienna Acoustics, Pioneer Elite, and Sony ES.
    We have custom home installation available in your area....Pasadena... Currently, the closest store I have to you is in Chino.
    There are many options available to you. If I happen to stock the gear that you want, I'd be glad to extend the "brodeal" to you. BUT there is no obligation if it's just info you're after. No worries.
    Chris "ROZ"mus
    If it matters, here's what I have going into my "Home Theater":
    Denon AVR3803:
    (6)Boston Acoustics in-wall/ceiling:
    Boston VR910 center Channel:
    Rel Subwoofer:
    Sony DVPNC680 300 disc dvd
    Multi-zones:
    All bedrooms and hallway (all stereo image speakers except master), dining area, kitchen, and patio and pool/spa area(1st to go in). All run at 1 gang keypad boxes to an 8 zone receiver.
    Hi Roz,
    Thanks for the response. I will give you a call tommorow or maybe Friday. I guess you would consider this project a remodel. What I am trying to accomplish is to have a decent sounding home Theater /that can also play some tunes with limited floor space( I had to give up some large Infinity Kappa towers because i just do not have the Floor space in my new place, and the Theater area is in a Living room. I do have vaulted 20 ft ceilings that do provide some chalanges as far as the sounds. eek!

waterboy
    Hey Roz...this is Waterboy's wife, and we are also looking into a home entertainment system.
    We went to tweeters in Chino on Sunday and we really liked the 50" samsung Dpl (i think thats what it was called. But we haven't decided on a stereo system yet. It's going in the family room
    but i want speakers throughout the house and back patio. What would be a good receiver and speakers
    that could provide the sound I'm looking for(LOUD)
    My husband or I will call you this week also to get some info. We are ready now to make a purchase. We also want a DVD/CD changer/player.
    Oh...We are looking to spend around 6k.
    Thanks and you'll hear from us soon.
    I'm Niki and my husband is Shannon.
    Thanks

hot_diggity_dog
    Roz,
    You Da Man!!!
    The 760 is going to swamp you bro! argue
    I'm in need of the whole enchilada too!
    Pioneer Plasma 43 or 50
    with all the trimmings, HD to full surround system.
    Good thing is the budget is large and I want to do it right the 1st time.
    Going to wait till 03 as the prices will drop. wink
    What store are you at?
    HDD

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast