Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Havasu Crash

OOfatso
    Hey Guy's
    Well we (Family) made it through another Holiday weekend with-out too many problems, but I saw something that caught my eye on Saturday... Going down to Havasu saw a bunch of people in the water and when we were coming back up there was a Sherrifs boat tied to something and on Sunday I saw the Hull to something.. Hopefully no-one was killed! Anyone see anything..
    OOfatso

Hallett19
    Yeah, I think what you are talking about was a boat that split down the middle. It was a newer custom boat and the owner said the driver was cruising behind a big boat, hit a wake and the entire thing split, the deck flew off and the back of the boat sank to the bottom. I talked to the owner and tried to hit him up for his hydraulic place diverter

JetBoatRich
    "I talked to the owner and tried to hit him up for his hydraulic place diverter "
    Hit while in shock, good move

hd&boatrider
    What kind of boat was it that split in half?

OOfatso
    Hey HD&B,
    From the size of the hull that I saw that was left,it appeared to maybe be 18 to 21 footer. I could be wrong though because it was busted up pretty good. Man that has to suck! How many people were on the boat? If I remeber corectly, I only saw a couple of people in the water with boats around them. Hopefully everyone made it out OK. Man, Sh*t happens quick when your on the water.
    OOfatso

shockwaveharry
    hd&boatrider:
    What kind of boat was it that split in half?Hallett19 talked to the owner. So.. what was it? An "A" boat? "B"? "C"? "D"?... wink

RiverDave2
    "H"??
    LMAO
    (Harry, now that was some funny shiznit.)
    RD

sandblasted
    Sure it wasn't a bayliner? what kind of boat falls apart from hitting a wake? If it was a newer custom boat with a place diverter than it was probably a 21 footer..Probably cost around $35-40,000 new...so exactly what did the owner pay for?
    I mean a friggin $40,000 boat should not fall apart from hitting a wake, unless it was the wave from "The Perfect Storm"!!

OOfatso
    Ya know, there may have already been some stress cracks or someyhing like that, because I agree, any new boat seems to be built with some pretty good Sh*t. I will say one thing though, there was about a 10ft section of a tree that floated up on to my Bosses beach and it took 8 guys (185lbs. to about 250lbs.)just to roll it over 1 time!!!!I dont even want to think what kind of damage that thing would have done to my 29, I guarentee it would have ripped the outdrive off!!!! I swear, that was the biggest floating log that I have every seen in my life at the River!!!
    OOfatso

PICKLEtheLOAD
    The owner said a 21' custom boat company out of riverside, it was pretty nice, minus the fact it was split in the middle. By the way, Hallett asking for the diverter, you have to strike while cauldon is hot.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast