Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Havasu sucks

canutowme
    .....I got a 19 foot jet boat and thought it would be fun to go drive around the lake on friday, I was cruising around getting beat to shit in the chop and some asshole in a offshore boat passes 5 ft from me at like 80 mph then cut across 10 ft from my bow. Soaking me, my buddy, and my boat as he passes by. I know my boat isn't fast, is small and cant handle the choppy water like all the other boats out their, but i dont need someone else to show me how much better their shit is compared to mine. Anyways it has gotten to the point it seems like if you dont got an expensive, oversized and fast boat your not welcome on the lake. Now that ive vented i was wondering if anyone could tell me about parker.

hd&boatrider
    Sorry to hear that. try Lake Mohave sometime. You will be more comfortable there than at Havasu, the water is cleaner and the people are nicer...In my opinion.

syke-o
    Unfortunately, smaller boats and big weekends don't mix. You either have to cruise the lake early for some speed runs, or find a place to chill and throw a few back while watching the festivities.

Rod-64
    That sucks..too bad you couldn't catch 'em and stick the light post up his ass...where were you? I have an 18 1/2 footer but my head is like on a swivel...it's like your a ball in a pinball machine... Hd is right about Mohave but the hot women are far fewer to be had!!!!!!!

Skaterfast
    Parker would suit your boat much better.Keep in mind though,your boat will still get beat up anywhere on a major holiday.

WILDERTHANU54
    PARKERS MY FAVORITE, BUT IT'S NOT A WHOLE LOT BETTER THESE DAYS. GO SOUTH.
    GEOFF
    [ September 02, 2002, 09:17 PM: Message edited by: WILDERTHANU54 ]

canutowme
    i was going from to the channel from the south side of the lake, Ive been goin to havasu since i was born, even lived there for a summer but ive never been down below parker dam.

woodster
    i was at hiddenshores this weekend just north of yuma. i was amazed how flat the water was for a big weekend.parker gets pretty rough on the big weekends too. i would do like wildthanu54 said and head south. launch at martinez or hiddenshores. theres both crowded on big weekends but the waters much more calmers cause theres hardly anyboats over 21 ft

77charger
    i would agree on that parker wouldnt be much better my boat took a pounding on a normal weekend out there but a three day i stay away.As for havavsu i willl only go there in april or oct when the crowds die off.

Laveyman
    canutowme,
    What happened to you really sucks! Unfortunatelly, in every sport, hobby, profession...there are a$$holes. You just came across one. I had a similar thing happen to me at Havasu last spring at the AZHBA Spring Poker Run. That was the first, and only time I've ever had it happen. I must say that by far, the average boater at Havasu is very safe and considerate. Don't write off an entire lake because of one a-hole.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast