Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: outlaw 20'

superV

With everyone looking at new rides lately, I cant help but wonder why more people are not looking at this boat. I know its a production boat, but it is 20k less than any socal boat of its size, and the quality is unreal! And you can get it with a pump? Do not under estimate this boat it is a good fast hull with ex. construction. Not trying to hype it up just wondering why no interest.

superV
    O.K. Im waiting to get flamed! So carry on....

superV
    No will play wif me? frown

Steamin' Rice
    Actually, this looks like a lot of boat for the money and it probably is a good 1st time performance boat. Some of the guys from Dick Simon Marine recently took one of these on a trip to Catalina and back to show that the boat can make it...

superV
    I agree and it really performs well w/350 they r running in the low 60mph stock. You can put alot of power in these boats. There is a guy in LOTO running 80+ blown same motor! So just think what a BBC would do for it!PLus a 5yr warn.

spectras only
    The bottom line is ,it's a production boat with a max limit on engine availability [HP wise].Baja builds better boats in the larger versions for offshore .A california custom boat can be built to take high cu engines without ill effect on the hull.My boat has 4 full length stringers [2X12's in the middle,2X8's outers]and wouldn't worry about a 1000HP engine torquing it wink .I think some of the delaminations [I'm not naming any manufacturers]come from over powering a certain hull,that's not rated for the increased HP.You don't see a bayliner,maxxum,arriva etc....with engines bigger than a 454 block.I know a fellow with the 25 Outlaw with high HP [he's running close to 80]and he said he wouldn't buy the same hull next time.He declined to tell me why!Maybe some other Baja owners can give you a better answer .
    [ October 25, 2002, 10:24 AM: Message edited by: spectras only ]

superV
    S.O. I agree with most of what you are saying, but i do think some of these boats can handel the high HP. As far as stringers, you are right but how many people here have had to replace and/or rebuild or modify them?
    P.S. You can get the outlaw 20' w/502.

spectras only
    superV , for the money there's nothing wrong with the boat.If I had a 20 Baja hull, I would build a stroker 383 for that boat rather than having a 502 in it.These hulls seem to bob like a cork on the water ,so I would opt for a lighter engine with good power that would yield good top speed.

superV
    Ya i agree i was just making a point that you can get them with Big Blocks. That would be a sweet set up.Its alot of boat for the $$$. Just think what you do with the extra money you saved, could have a nice tow vec. And the 383sbc blown!

Stupid Fast
    These are VERY popular in my neck of the woods. Of course I am about 60 miles from the factory. The Outlaws that I have looked at are VERY sturdy. The drawback is that the interiors are not as nice as a custom. In person the lines are not as nice either. You have to figure that for the money they are a very good deal though,
    Eric

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast