Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: crew cabs

Raskal
    got chevy hd looking for speaker box that will hold 2 10s or 12s but will go under back seat not behind. any info would help thanks

Duck
    Raskal, Got the same thing going on with my 2500HD GMC. You will probably have to go with a custom build and need to worry about speaker depth, my 10" Autobauns are too deep, damn it.
    Got big variations in pricing to build it from different shops, so look around. Haven't done mine yet, waiting for amp deal from neighbor.
    Duck

Raskal
    thanks for the input. i knew it would not be that easy .dont have time to build my own

syke-o
    why not try behind the rear seat??? not enough room???

ROZ
    One of my installers has that exact custom enclosure sitting in his shop that was never installed! Wel ,atleast he did the last time I talked to him... It's made for 2 JL 10's with the amp rack (JL5001 size) straddling the hump. He asked if I knew anyone who wanted it, but at the time I didn't. It hasn't been covered with carpet yet, so you could choose the color. Our Escondido store does it's fare amount of custom truck systems, so he made a couple boxes in his spare time. I can see if he still has it if you like....
    If you want it,he will carpet it and I could have it sent to our riverside store.
    Chris
    [ November 14, 2002, 03:18 AM: Message edited by: ROZ ]

hot_diggity_dog
    MTX has built in boxes for sub woofers in Chevy's
    HDDMTX website

ROZ
    Well, I just found out that he sold the enclosure he had, but can fab a new one for you at about 350.oo . That should be in the custom enclosure ballpark.
    Just let me know...
    I wish I could help you w/labor, but that's an installer's bread and butter.
    Gear is another subject though

Raskal
    Roz thanks for the help .thats about right. what do you think is the best speakers is best for that kind off box.
    i want to go under so i can still lay the seat down

Raskal
    i dont think the mtx box will work but thanks

ROZ
    Raskal, What year is your truck? Crew or extra-cab?
    Speakers? As you know height is of concern, so you need something that's shallow in depth or without a vented magnet, and perform with a small volume enclosure. Because I Stock JL, Eclipse, and Kicker, they are easy 1st choices; However, There are other really good speaker lines that will do the job....
    Are you leaning toward sound quality, or do you just want to be loud?
    What amplifiers do you have or plan to purchase?
    How about the remainder of your system......Basic factory, premier factory amplified, or upgraded?
    Chris
    Hopefully some of this will help you out...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast