Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sandbar Hospitality

sandblasted
    If you sit at the sandbar for a few hours near the speed alley side you'll see boats that pull up and eventually get stuck..They let the wakes from the boats ripping by push them up on the sandbar. My buddies and I helped get 3 of these very large, very expensive speed yachts unstuck on saturday..you know, when the driver gets that helpless look on his face and his 2 buddies and their girlfriends are trying to lift a 5000lb boat off the sand...I don't mind helping but out of the 3 boats we helped we didn't get offered 1 single beer...hell, we barely got a 'thank you' from 1 boat..
    So if you are not smart enough to keep your $100,000 boat off the sandbar and get stuck..you can rest assured some group will help you get unstuck, do them a favor, show some hospitality...say thanks and throw them a few beers..

DickDanger
    Or, if you are out of beer, at LEAST have your girlfriend(s) take their tops off!!!! Sheesh, whats a Dick gotta do ta get a bit of gratitude around here??? -DD Out
    [ August 27, 2002, 10:05 PM: Message edited by: DickDanger ]

24RODjr
    Gotta agree with Dick...except for one thing.
    Tits first...then beer!

Jordy
    Hey DD, I still think that avatar is the best ever. Perhaps I am just a little partial.
    Jordy

JetBoatRich
    Last time we were there the end of the day water level starting going down and a lot of people needed help moving off the SANDBAR. The patio boats were the toughest, one guy had the BBQ ging and gave people food. Nobody else gave tits or beer?
    We kept on eye on the water and moved the boat out as it went down. I hate to rely on others that I don't know to grab and move my boat.

HTM Lady
    Hey DD,
    are you going to Havasu this weekend? Im leaving thursday night. This type of thinking is why I never run out of Beer.HAHA. How have you been?
    [ August 28, 2002, 07:45 AM: Message edited by: HTM Lady ]

THOR
    Just consider it goog Karma. I feeled compelled to pull over and help a fellow boater when in need. If I dont stop it means either you are already getting some assistance or I did not see you.

24RODjr
    THOR:
    Just consider it goog Karma.What's "goog" Karma? Is that being nice after a few beers?
    Either way, I agree. Help and be helped when you need it, or don't and be an a$$. But don't get pissed when people don't lend a hand....
    On a side note, I have a question:
    You get to the sand bar nice and early, stake out a spot, pop your easy-up, and unload your stuff. The sandbar get's nice and crowded, and I decide I need more beer, so I make a beer run, leaving a good portion of my crew on the SB. I come back, and someone has snaked my parking spot. Do I yell at him and get in a fight? *YOU MAKE THE CALL!!*

kevnmcd
    Exactly, Sandblasted. I agree. Beer or Tits...either one will do.

Hustler
    You get to the sand bar nice and early, stake out a spot, pop your easy-up, and unload your stuff. The sandbar get's nice and crowded, and I decide I need more beer, so I make a beer run, leaving a good portion of my crew on the SB. I come back, and someone has snaked my parking spot. Do I yell at him and get in a fight? *YOU MAKE THE CALL!!*First rule of boating..........................
    NEVER RUN OUT OF BEER

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast